|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Hi. I work in the communications department of Agfa-Gevaert. Although we were very pleased with the English Wikipedia page for our company, we felt some changes were necessary to reflect our current activities. I also updated the numbers. VDC 11:55, 12 September 2011 (UTC)
A Belgian company?
- Hi Ed. I work for Agfa. Agfa is a multi-national, however, our head office is in Mortsel Belgium. JEL
- Do you mean Agfa is incorporated in Belgium? A company, as far as I know, could be incorporated in the US while having its HQ somewhere else. I would have liked to know where is Agfa incorporated, no matter how many foreign subsidiaries it has. Thanks for your help... --Edcolins 21:38, Oct 23, 2004 (UTC)
- Yes, Agfa is incorporated in Belgium. I checked with our local CFO. JEL 15:53, 14 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Paul Mendelssohn-Bartholdy - son or brother of Felix?
From what I read at the Leo Baeck Institute Center for Jewish History (15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011), Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy (the well known composer) had both a brother Paul and a son named Paul. Given that Felix lived from 1790 to 1847, I believe that it was the son that was the co-founder of ActienGesellchaft für Anilin-Fabrikation (Agfa).
See the Mendelssohn Family Papers Collection at http://www.cjh.org/academic/findingaids/LBI/nhprc/MendelssohnFamilyb.html JEL
Agfa Talk redirect
Hello, this article cites 1942 for the entry of Agfa into IG Farben - yet all the major sources include Agfa as one of the founders of IG Farben in 1925. Before I change the article has anyone any comments or citations for the original? Mikeya 14:45, 5 January 2007 (UTC)
If major sources says its 1925, than it's 1925. 22.214.171.124 00:31, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
I agree. A book about the history of the Hoechst AG ("100 Jahre Chemie" by Ernst Bäumler, issued 1963 on the 100th anniversary of the Farbwerke Hoechst AG) which describes the conglomeration of the German chemical industry to IG Farben in a detailed manner, states the 13th/14th of November 1924 as date of the settlement between company executives. The official contract was signed on 2nd of December 1925. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 20 September 2009
company spliting in to three?
The Globe and Mail has a Blurb today (2007/mar/01) that AGFA might split its three divsions into separate companies- all with rights to the AGFA trademark. Not enough to change the article with cmacd 13:51, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- I disagree; I'd say it was reasonably important, as they apparently intend going ahead with it. Fourohfour 14:27, 4 March 2007 (UTC)
- It is important, I work for the company and we have already issued press announcements stating that the split will occur by the end of 2007Gazza 02:48, 6 March 2007 (UTC)
- I'd already updated the article to include it anyway. Fourohfour 11:08, 9 March 2007 (UTC)
the demerger will be shifted (email@example.com)
- Can you please clarify that? Thank you. Fourohfour 19:46, 11 August 2007 (UTC)