Talk:Aiken County, South Carolina
|WikiProject United States / South Carolina / Counties||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Wondering how to edit this U.S. County Entry?
The WikiProject U.S. Counties standards might help.
According to the following news report:
- Aiken County Councilman Scott Singer said it's unfortunate readers learn only that part of the area's history.
- "A lynching 106 years ago is not at all indicative of the spirit that's alive today" in Aiken, he said.
- He said Aiken County doesn't have the "social ills" plaguing other parts of the country, or even "the racial, ethnic tensions that you might have across the river."
- Wikipedia states it's a free encyclopedia that anyone can edit. It started in 2001 and is now one of the largest information Web sites in the world. According to the site, 13,000 contributors are working on 3.8 million articles in more than 100 languages.
- It's unclear who added the historical information about the lynching in Aiken County
He's correct, this article is unbalanced. - Ta bu shi da yu 05:22, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
- I agree completely, and I'm removing it. --Golbez 06:09, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
I've restored the cut information. There's no justification for removing properly sourced, significant, and accurate historical information simply because some people find the incident too unpleasant to consider. You are free to add more information about the county's history, to tell a more complete story. But simply deleting this is clearly inappropriate. ThaddeusFrye 01:30, 19 June 2006 (UTC)
Does anyone notice that this page has not been edited for a significant amount of time? It seems like there should more to it, if it's rated as high importance.Iamanadam (talk) 20:50, 12 February 2008 (UTC)
- I think you are right. You got an ideas for improving/expanding this article? I see that you are a member of the SC wikiproject. I created the SC portal a while ago and could use some help with it. Later, Rocketmaniac RT 01:03, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
I think, that maybe perhaps we should look more into the history of the county,it seems like a county with the kind of history it has should have some history on the page (there are historical sites all over the county)! I mean, not only when it was founded, the original inhabitants, and all of those things. Iamanadam (talk) 04:53, 17 March 2008 (UTC)