|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
References in popular culture
I removed the following list of references from popular culture. It's been tagged for awhile and there appears to be no ongoing effort to source these inane details.
- Allen was briefly mentioned in the Family Guy episode Brian Sings and Swings, when Frank Sinatra Jr and Stewie Griffin sung about the love of Allen Funt's work, and a freshly shaven leg.
- Allen Funt is also mentioned in Season Six of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, in the episode Tabula Rasa, by Anya. Anya: "I don't see any booze. I don't feel any head bumps. And I don't see Allen Funt."
- Allen is also mentioned in the South Park episode Something You Can Do With Your Finger, where Wendy Testaburger sings "Balzac was a writer/He lived with Allen Funt/Mrs. Roberts didn't like him/But that's 'cause she's a/Contaminated water/Can really make you sick..."
- He is mentioned in the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode Mel's Offer when Larry, expressing disbelief when offered a part in The Producers, says the he expects Allen Funt to walk in.
- Funt is mentioned in comic book The Maxx #14 when the titular character is wandering around a dream world and runs into an anthropomorphic horse sporting a stylized version of his mask: "If Allen Funt comes out now, I'm gonna die!"
- In the Animaniacs/Slappy Squirrel episode "I Got Yer Can", Slappy places her soda can in her neighbor's trash receptacle. When the neighbor asks her to come back and remove the can, Slappy replies "Allen Funt is a dead man."
- The song "Just Say Cunt" by The Queers has a line that says: "There once was some dude on TV his name was Allen Funt"
- Allen Funt is referenced in Andrew Dice Clay's Filth album, by Sammy Davis Jr. as looking like a shaved cunt. -shotwell 09:40, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
Before Candid Microphone
I am vaguely recalling there was briefly a name before "Candid Microphone". It was "Candid" something, perhaps "Candid Interview". Sorry if I can't be vaguer. — Randall Bart Talk 06:10, 21 September 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Candid2.jpg
Image:Candid2.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you. BetacommandBot (talk) 04:08, 12 February 2008 (UTC)