Talk:Angel of the Morning
|WikiProject Songs||(Rated Start-class)|
Wasn't either Lucifer or Satan called "Venus" and "angel of the morning". Odd name for a song.
- This song title, these lyrics, and Lucifer is a sheer coincidence.
Some people don't understand, but sheer coincidences can and do happen, and frequently.188.8.131.52 (talk) 07:05, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
- Doesn't this song come up in an episode of Friends (TV series), where the owner of the coffee house pays a "Professional" singer to sing, annoying Phoebe??
184.108.40.206 18:20, 12 March 2007 (UTC)
- Juice Newton performed this song on the Austin City Limits TV episode #1010 in the United States and Canada. Maybe someone can contact ACL and get a solid citation for that so this tidbit can be on the song's main page. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 05:38, 5 September 2007 (UTC)
I must say....the meaning of this song is completely incorrect as stated here...there was no regret in the lover leaving and she didn't care whether or not they were seen together. This song is about freedom from love during sex and was during the beginning of birth control pill use. Shinpah1 00:49, 13 September 2007 (UTC)
- Frankly, there should be no entry on this page about the song's meaning. Songs are meant to be interpreted by the listener; the meaning should not be dictated by any one person. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:21, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
Is there only one male cover version that's not a duet? I'm pretty sure I have found the correct song (having just listened to it on YouTube), but the version that struck my heart repeatedly on 97.3 KBSG Oldies was sung by a man (or so I thought). Have I been hearing a female version all these years, and just deluding myself? Does anyone happen to know which version is common on the Oldies stations? Kilyle (talk) 15:06, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
- Okay, one thought: The one I'm thinking of might have the chorus but a different verse set. Does anything else use the chorus words, or only this song? Kilyle (talk) 15:12, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
- There was a band called "States" in the early 80s that did a cover of this song. It was off their album "Picture Me With You."
UK bank/building society ads
other english covers
Barbara Jones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TBTtAmEWcM reggae. no date -older version
Twiggy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy1JVnw46QE 2011
Maureen Davis http://www.reggae-museum.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12625 7" single Side B
I had heard that this song was denied airplay in some markets because its theme of free love was considered immoral. Does something like this belong in the article? BWatkins (talk) 16:44, 1 July 2014 (UTC)