Talk:Anna Karenina (1997 film)
|WikiProject Film||(Rated C-class)|
Recent edits by User talk:TracyLinkEdnaVelmaPenny
Please do not delete content from pages on Wikipedia, as you did to Anna Karenina (1997 film). You degraded the article by deleting cast and crew. You also deleted the free image of the leading actress who played the title character, that image is in public domain. Then you copied speculative data from IMDb, describing "goofs," which are highly questionable and do not belong to Wikipedia. Have you seen the movie? The film was made by international team of filmmakers from 6 nations of Europe, plus some crew from USA and co-star Mia Kirshner from Canada. What is your reason for posting American flag here?
Based on the adaptation of the eponymous novel by Leo Tolstoy
"Eponymous" seems to be one of those words used often and not quite rightly, on Wikipedia. If there were an eponymous novel by Leo Tolstoy wouldn't it be called "Leo Tolstoy" and not "Anna Karenina"? I think I'm right, but even if I'm wrong it's a superfluous $5.00 word. "Based on the novel by Leo Tolstoy" would do just fine. (and even that almost risks being a little silly when you're dealing with such a famous work by such a famous novelist, but it would be OK).
- Sophie Marceau as Anna Arkadyevna Karenina
- Sean Bean as Count Alexei Kirillovitch Vronsky
- Alfred Molina as Konstantin Dmitrievitch Levin
- Mia Kirshner as Princess Yekaterina Alexandrovna Shcherbatsky, "Kitty"
- James Fox as Alexei Alexandrovitch Karenin
- Fiona Shaw as Countess Lydia Ivanovna
- Danny Huston as Prince Stepan Arkadyevitch Oblonsky, "Stiva"
- Saskia Wickham as Princess Darya Alexandrovna Oblonskaya, "Dolly"
- Phyllida Law as Countess Vronskaya
- David Schofield as Nikolai Dmitrievitch Levin
- Jennifer Hall as Betsy
- Anna Calder-Marshall as Princess Schcherbatksy
- Petr Shelokhonov as Kapitonich, Karenin's butler
- Vernon Dobcheff as Pestov
- Larisa Kuznetsova as Agatha
- Jeremy Sheffield as Boris
- Justine Waddell as Countess Nordston
- Nora Gryakalova as Myagkaya
- Valeri Kukhareshin as Doctor
- Director: Bernard Rose
- Screenplay: Bernard Rose, based on the novel "Anna Karenina" by Leo Tolstoy.
- Producers: Bruce Davey, Stephen McEveety, Jim Lemley, Mel Gibson (uncredited).
- Cinematography: Daryn Okada
- Film Editing: Victor Du Bois
- Production design: John Myhre
- Art director: Sergei Shemyakin
- Costume design: Maurizio Millenotti
- Music Director: Sir Georg Solti
- Casting director: Marion Dougherty