|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Anti-Turkism article.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Any threads with no replies in 3 months may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
|WikiProject Turkey||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
The reason for anti turkism.
The article misses out the reasons for anti turkism in Asia, Europe, Africa and the rest of the world.
How about having detailed sections on the below.
1. Barbaric raids on all of Europe mass murder pillage and rape. 2. Total extermination and ethnic cleansing of all Indo-European or Caucasian peoples throughout Central Asia. 3. Frequent raids on the Chinese empires and abduction of women and children. 4. Crushing the Persian and Indian people and enslaving them under strict Ottoman Sultans. 5. Abducting and enslaving children from Europe conscripting child soldiers by brain washing them and then making them wage war against their own people. 6. Building the worlds biggest Harem or Brothel of sex slavery over a converted Christian monastery which is known as the Ärtogrul Gazy Mosque. Enslaving europeans, middle eastern and African peoples breaking down their families and making the women including children and using them as sex slaves. 7. Enslaving Arabs and defiling the holy cities of Arabs the Mecca and Medina. 8. Slave trading of Blacks into Europe and Central Asia. 9. The bloody crusades.
Modern day issues relating to anti Turkish.
1. The biggest genocide of modern times - The Armenian genocide and constantly denying the same. 2. Appalling human rights record and ethnic cleansing of Kurds. 3. Conquering Kurdistan and enslaving the nation of Kurdistan. 4. Enslavement of Cyprus and suppression of Greece and Indo European culture and peoples. 5. Racism against Kurds, other Ethnic Aryans and Caucasians 6. Meddling in Jewish and Arab affairs and increasing conflicts in the middle east. 7. Economic embargo against caucus and choking the middle east. 8. Suppressing minorities and their extermination. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:35, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
Singling out Turkey or Turks for these historic crimes is in and of itself an expression of anti-Turkism. Virtually every single one of those charges could be levelled at many different peoples.Thannad (talk) 01:46, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
I'm from Turkey and i'm not agree with you.You said barbaric raids? How about your ancesters in migration period. Second there isn't any genocide lately(for 2000 years or since beginning of writing?)i can say when turkish enters a war and wins it you say genocide(for all of genocide thing you said)Frequent raids in chinese empire 2000 years ago,yes,but now china rules over turks in central asia doing worser things and i reminding you mutual raids. I'm not sure about mughals but every war started with persian conquests over ottoman cities and seljuk empire was founded in eastern persia so we are the local people of persia(today northern parts are turkish majority)and there isn't any slaving culture of turks like you(i mean you have that culture) 'yeniçeri' or janissary was taking prisoner of wars and trained them into a new army they, weren't always children and their parents were giving permisson also not all of them were becoming soldiers also ottoman empire was multi-national country not only turks(except pow's of course) in the 16th,17th,18th,19th centuries foreign affaires was made by greeks and armenians. I'think you even don't know what is harem.It's not a brothel.It's same with your royal families(mistress)and it's illegal since 1923. Turks were muslim too so we can control holy cities.And again i say there isn't any enslaving.Slavery in Ottoman was legal ,yes, but only to the POW's. Slave trading of Blacks into Europe and Central Asia. arabs and europeans(the most civilised nations!!!) were doing that but not us. You're wrong again because crusades were against us.
What he/she claimed above is based on non-true historical dogmas.
1. There is a planned killing, that's right. But it was against Turks. Let's look at the demography of Balkans before and after 1912. Millions of Turks teared apart from east europa and balkans. Millions and millions of Turks deported, killed or leaved to the death. Remember the Yugoslavia, thousands of muslim slavs killed. Because Yugoslavia ought to be cleaned from Turks (?!!)
2. If there would be an ethnic cleansing all of the europe, anadolu and everywhere where the Turks ruled would be muslim and speaking Turkish. Just look at the Englihs, French colonies. What do they believ? What language do the speak?
3. There is no geographical place called as Kurdistan. Come on, Treaty of Sevres is at the history. "Big Kurdistan" or "Big Armania" plans has no root.
4. Planned and executed killing prevented by Turkey a warranteur country. All of the politics way tried. Please read history a little bit. What is EOKA? What they wanted to do? Did they planned to liquidate all Turks at 21 December 1963? What was "ENOSIS"?
5. Have you ever been in Turkey? Lived with Turks? How many of them? Do you know Turkish language, Turkish Culture?
Inclusion of Armenian Genocide
I think a section of this article should be dedicated to Armenian Genocide. Turks killed over 1.5 million Christian Armenians. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Combating Ignorance (talk • contribs) 07:04, 1 May 2013 (UTC)
- This article is about the unfair discrimination based on racist ideals against Turks. It has nothing to do with the Armenian so-called Genocide. Moreover, between 1900 and 1922 over 8.7 Million Muslim Turks were killed, and nobody recognizes that as a genocide despite all the evidence. So, get out please. Batuhan Erdoğan (talk) 12:55, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
Removal of Unverifiable Information
I am removing two unsourced entries because they appear to be pure speculation.
From the section, Within the Ottoman Empire:
"There were many protesters in Turkey from Australia that had escaped from England claiming that Turkey was destined for doom. Even today, they sometimes march on to the street protesting, and the police have to be involved each time. There have been rumors lately that the Australian government has supported these protesters. Also, people say that Sweden despises Turkey for being "Ugly" in their opinions."
From the section, 17th Century:
"It's also proven that many Australians despise Turkey, due to unknown reasons. Even though they never true show their opinion, they have released in 1637 that the Ottomans must be destroyed. At this time, they were still a little prison island, but they knew how to express their feelings." — Preceding unsigned comment added by SolypsistPolyp (talk • contribs) 18:17, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
"Tarrakni" ("He turkified me") in reference to the corruption of the Ottoman rule of Tunisia. It means "he ruined me".
Source?? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:50, 19 January 2014 (UTC)