|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Arbiter (Halo) article.|
|Arbiter (Halo) is a featured article; it (or a previous version of it) has been identified as one of the best articles produced by the Wikipedia community. Even so, if you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|Arbiter (Halo) is part of the Characters of Halo series, a featured topic. This is identified as among the best series of articles produced by the Wikipedia community. If you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
GA pass and notes
- An expansion on the "Role" section would be nice. What is the "Blade of the Prophets"?
- "A shrine to these warriors lies in the Mausoleum of the Arbiter, located on High Charity." - Ref?
- The reception section has some long sentences that could be trimmed.
- Please expand the lead to conform with guidelines at Wikipedia:Lead. The article should have an appropriate number of paragraphs as is shown on WP:LEAD, and should adequately summarize the article.[?]
There may be an applicable infobox for this article. For example, see Template:Infobox Person, Template:Infobox School, or Template:Infobox City.[?] (Note that there might not be an applicable infobox; remember that these suggestions are not generated manually)
- Done Article is in American spelling, "kerb" appears in a quote of the word "Tinkerbell". "Honour" (British) appears in a quote. Please make the spelling of English words consistent with either American or British spelling, depending upon the subject of the article. Examples include: honor (A) (British: honour), honour (B) (American: honor), armor (A) (British: armour), kerb (B) (American: curb).
- Done The script has spotted the following contractions: Don't, don't, isn't, Can't, can't, didn't, if these are outside of quotations, they should be expanded.
- Done As done in WP:FOOTNOTE, footnotes usually are located right after a punctuation mark (as recommended by the CMS, but not mandatory), such that there is no space in between. For example, the sun is larger than the moon . is usually written as the sun is larger than the moon.[?]
- Please ensure that the article has gone through a thorough copyediting so that it exemplifies some of Wikipedia's best work. See also User:Tony1/How to satisfy Criterion 1a.[?]
- Thanks for the review, will work on the points raised. James086Talk | Email 10:16, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
- Bungie Studios (2004). Halo 2 (in English). Xbox. Microsoft. Level/area: The Storm.
A trailer for Halo Wars shows an Arbiter. Should this be put here? For a more knowledgeable and relaxed Wikipedia- Nemesis646 (talk) 04:45, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
- I wouldn't. Currently we don't know if its actual cutscene footage or promotional, or in what capacity the Arbiter may appear; once we have more information we can add it in under appearances. Der Wohltemperierte Fuchs (talk) 12:53, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
- Fine, for the moment I'll leave it as it is. If anything else is released I'll bring the matter back up again. For a more knowledgeable and relaxed Wikipedia- Nemesis646 (talk) 18:03, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
I've pulled that section on grounds of original research. There's no actual confirmation within Cole Protocol that Thel becomes the Supreme Commander. Page 349 of the book does specify that he becomes a shipmaster of a crusier within the Fleet of Particular Justice, and while I agree that there is a better then good chance he does become the Supreme Commander, without actual confirmation extrapolating that he becomes the Supreme Commander is original research. If someone wants to contest this, I would request a source specifically citing that he becomes the Supreme Commander. Peptuck (talk) 03:15, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
I agree; having read the book, while it seems the author intends to imply that The Arbiter is Thel, at this point there is no definite confirmation of this assumption. Further action should be delayed before we find out more.
I will second that. There is no concrete connection. However, given the name we can positively say that Thel is related to the Spec Ops Leader, Rtas 'Vadumee, who was in that fleet and (as Halo 3 shows) does have experience as a shipmaster. - Fearless Son (talk) 18:51, 25 December 2008 (UTC)
Halopedia seems to disagree: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Thel_%27Vadam#Name_Discussion 184.108.40.206 (talk) —Preceding undated comment was added at 01:35, 28 December 2008 (UTC).
- Halopedia's opinion is irrelevant, as it isn't a reliable source. Peptuck (talk) 02:58, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
Actually it's not opinion. It's fact. 'Vadum isn't related to Vadam. Their names are similar, but so are the names Roberts and Robertson. Just because a name is similar does NOT mean they're related. Thel Vadam and the Arbiter in Halo 2/Halo 3 might not be the same people, but it's heavily implied. Why else would they include the fact he was assigned to the Fleet of Particular Justice? And don't just jump to conclusions that they're related just because they have similar names and both are/were at one point a shipmaster. It's in no way implied that Thel Vadam and Rtas 'Vadum are related or the same person. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:03, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
Bungie acknowledges him as Thel 'Vadam in the blog: http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid19079
"Ascendant Justice published a new article examining the origins of Thel 'Vadam, better know to most as The Arbiter."
Event though it was decided on Halopedia that it was him, im just showing some new evidence so that we can be completely sure.
The blog post was about this: http://blog.ascendantjustice.com/thel-page-one/ FishType1 21:01, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
That proves the Arbiter in Halos 2 and 3 is named Thel 'Vadam (Thel 'Vadamee before the Great Schism), and again, I'm telling you he's NOT related to Rtas 'Vadum (Rtas 'Vadumee before the Great Schism). —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:32, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
Vadamee has also been recently confirmed by Tobias S. Buckell as well. A French Halo website interviewed him
- I'm iffy about that. For one thing, I've got to rely on the translation, it's not a reliable source, and he doesn't just come out and plainly state it either. --Der Wohltemperierte Fuchs (talk) 14:57, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
- Other than the translation being on a message board, what is it that makes the information unreliable?Dibol (talk) 22:57, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
¡Stop it OK!
Seriously, if the Arbiter is puted with all these sections of "characters with superhuman strength" etc. then why not the Master Chief?! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 20:24, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
- First, check the categories that Master Chief (Halo) belong to; some are themselves subcategories of the categories here, and we generally don't list both a category and its subcategory because it's actually redundant. Second, each page stands on its own merits, so if you're removing categories only to conform to another article, which you think should actually have more categories, the correct solution is to discuss it on the talk page of the other article. If, however, you think that the categories should be removed because they don't belong, period, that's another story. — TKD::Talk 20:40, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
I just encountered this on the Halo Wars main menu on the liitle bar at the bottom with snippets of game information and statistics:
Not many people know that the Arbiter's given birth name is Shirley.
No, seriously. I'm not vandalising the article by putting this in. I've only ever seen it once, but I have seen it.
- Eh, I think that is obviously a joke. Peptuck (talk) 12:48, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- I did consider that, but it seemed like such a weird one that I figured it must be true. We don't know much about Elite naming conventions. Maybe Shirley is a male name in their society. *shrugs* Of course, I like a good conspiracy and maybe that's polluting my grasp of the situation. --Thejadefalcon (talk) 12:52, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Where might we obtain a free image of a copyrighted character in a copyrighted work? Der Wohltemperierte Fuchs(talk) 19:50, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
Halo legends arbiter
- If you have a reliable source that talks about his appearance, please provide it or add it in yourself. Der Wohltemperierte Fuchs(talk) 22:40, 21 October 2011 (UTC)