Talk:Area (LDS Church)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Area (LDS Church) article.|
|WikiProject Latter Day Saint movement||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|It is requested that a global map or maps be included in this article to improve its quality.|
This article needs a map of the areas in order to get a better view of the how they are geographically divided. -- 22.214.171.124 20:20, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
- We cannot use the one made by the LDS Church due to copyright issues. I am working on making one. –SESmith 23:27, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
Europe East HQ: Moscow?
Last I knew, Europe East headquarters were in Moscow. Although it may make sense that they would be moved to Kiev when the temple there is complete, I have not heard that this is the case. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:54, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
Middle East/Africa North Area
An article in the Church News on May 15, 2010 listed the countries that comprise this area (http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/59335/Area-leadership-named-in-Middle-EastAfrica-North-Area.html).
According to the article, the Area includes Afghanistan, which is not currently listed on the Wikipedia page. The CN article does not list Cape Verde, which is currently shown on Wikipedia. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ktbnyc (talk • contribs) 14:55, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
Page needs to be updated.
This page is out of date. The area assignments given are accurate, but the statistics of each area are out of date and need to be updated. I would take care of it myself if I had the time. On second thought, I will do what I can today. Please post here with questions/comments BEFORE reverting any changes I make. --Jgstokes-We can disagree without being disagreeable (talk) 19:12, 8 February 2012 (UTC)
- Page updated, but needs to be tweaked to remove errors. HELP! Thanks. --Jgstokes-We can disagree without being disagreeable (talk) 22:46, 8 February 2012 (UTC)
Just figured out what I did wrong and fixed it myself. The area statistics section is up-to-date and no longer erroneous, but the rest of the page needs an accuracy/update check as well. If no one gets to it before I do, I'll do it myself. Thanks. --Jgstokes-We can disagree without being disagreeable (talk) 05:36, 9 February 2012 (UTC)
- The area leadership section has been updated with the changes announced on February 11, 2012. So the entire page should be up-to-date now. Thank you. --Jgstokes-We can disagree without being disagreeable (talk) 15:52, 13 February 2012 (UTC)
August 2012 Changes
Once August 1 arrives, this page will have to be updated with the following information about Areas.
- As of August 1, 2012, there will be 25 areas, NOT 26. The areas are listed and the area presidencies listed in order: President, First Counselor, Second Counselor, with quorum listed in parentheses.
- Asia: Kent D. Watson (2nd); Gerrit W. Gong (1st); Larry Y. Wilson (2nd).
- Asia North: Michael T. Ringwood (1st); Kazuhiko Yamashita (1st); Koichi Aoyagi (2nd)
- Caribbean: Wilford W. Andersen (2nd); J. Devn Cornish (2nd); Claudio D. Zivic (1st).
- Central America: James B. Martino (2nd); Carlos H. Amado (1st); Robert C. Gay (1st).
- Chile: Consolidated into the South America South Area.
- Europe: Jose A. Teixeira (1st); Patrick Kearon (1st); Kent F. Richards (2nd).
- Europe East: Larry R. Lawrence (2nd); Randall K. Bennett (2nd); Per G. Malm (2nd).
- Idaho: Craig C. Christensen (Presidency).
- Mexico: Only change here is that Jose L. Alonso (1st) is replacing Octaviano Tenorio (1st) as Second Counselor.
- Middle East/Africa North: Only change here is that Bruce A. Carlson (2nd) is replacing Paul B. Pieper (1st) as Area Co-supervisor.
- North America Central: Craig C. Christensen (Presidency).
- North America Northeast: Donald L. Hallstrom (Presidency).
- South America South: Chile consolidated into this area. Presidency: Mervyn B. Arnold (1st); Jorge F. Zeballos (1st); Francisco J. Viñas (1st).
Hope this information is helpful to you. Thanks. --Jgstokes-We can disagree without being disagreeable (talk) 04:49, 6 May 2012 (UTC)
- Did some major work on this page. As far as I can ascertain, it is up-to-date. Thank you. --Jgstokes-We can disagree without being disagreeable (talk) 19:15, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
August 2013 Changes in Area Leadership
Based on information available in the Church News and the August 2013 Ensign, I have made changes in Area Presidencies on this page. Please feel free to post here with comments, questions, etc. --Jgstokes-We can disagree without being disagreeable (talk) 07:03, 3 August 2013 (UTC)