Talk:Artificial Intelligence in Data Mining
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|WikiProject Computer science||(Rated Redirect-class)|
|This article is the subject of an educational assignment at College Of Engineering Pune supported by Wikipedia Ambassadors through the India Education Program during the 2011 Q3 term. Further details are available on the course page.|
Nomination for deletion
This article does not at all meet Wikipedia requirements and should be deleted. Here are a number of reasons:
- The article doesn't use proper Wikipedia linking ("wikification")
- Wikipedia:NOTESSAY: The article is a student essay, not an encyclopedia article. See also Wikipedia:Requests_for_feedback/2011_October_7#Artificial_Intelligence_in_Data_Mining
- Wikipedia:No original research: the article is a collection of unsourced claims such as the first sentence: "The fundamentals of Artificial intelligence and Data Mining are artificial neural network,evolutionary computing and Fuzzy logic". Bullshit. Artificial neural networks is one out of many techniques in AI; and data mining uses many AI techniques (and statistics). Evolutionary computing and fuzzy logic are just two more randomly chosen techniques the author seems to know about, but that's it.
- Confusion: the article completely mixes up the subjects of AI, data mining and KDD.
- Wikipedia:SPECULATION: "The potential role of AI in KDD" (plus, we were talking about data mining, now KDD instead?!?)
- Redundancy: all the contents of the article are well covered in the articles artificial intelligence, data mining and knowledge discovery in databases
- Wikipedia:Orphan: the article is unreachable in Wikipedia, and no obvious way of linking it exists, since the contents are already covered.
I know this is a student class assignment, but this is not an excuse to push low-quality essays into Wikipedia.
Possible Close paraphrasing
- [www.springer.com/cda/content/.../9780387333335-c2.pdf? springer.com]
- [www.dline.info/IJWA%20sample%20paper.pdf .dline.info]
- [citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.42...rep... citeseerx.ist.psu.edu]
- [www.articlesbase.com › Computers - articlesbase.com]
- [bidm.stat.fju.edu.tw:81/.../Data%20MiningOverview/p27-fayyad.pdf bidm.stat.fju.edu.tw:81]
- www.intechopen.com/download/pdf/pdfs_id/13266 www.intechopen.com
- I've cleaned this article of copyvio and close paraphrasing and clearly marked two quotes, one of which had been marked as a quote but falsely attributed, the other had been attributed by not marked as a quote. The article is now a stub which simply replicates the material in Data mining. Suggest a re-direct. Voceditenore (talk) 09:49, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
- I've deleted the offending revisions. The redirect isn't very appropriate, but as I would like to keep this talk page and its tag intact it can probably stay for now. —Ruud 13:17, 14 October 2011 (UTC)