|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Arunachal Pradesh article.|
|WikiProject India / Arunachal Pradesh / States / Geography / History||(Rated B-class, Top-importance)|
|WikiProject Tibet||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject China||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
|Threads older than 30 days may be archived by.|
I agree what you say. However, the Christians are growing fast and traditional religions are in decline, although it needs to be somewhat neutralised. Well, I think you follow up at the links stated on the links page.
I will try to neutralise the content within the next few days. However, all edits are welcome.
Mr Tan 22:43, Feb 16 2005 (UTC)
- About the Christian population growth, the same can be said in an encyclopedic tone rather than accusing missionaries of "killing" tribal customs. If we can obtain some images, this page migh well be a FA someday like Sikkim. Nichalp 18:41, Feb 16, 2005 (UTC)
Christians are growing fast
The only reason it's growing so fast is because they're trying covert as much as possible in asia and africa. It's practically dead in europe and it will probably die in 100 years in america. too bad it'll take so long
that's because xtianity is repressive and the clergy is full of pedophiles.
I don't hate Christianity. But I cannot tolerate the way the Europeans and Americans are doing to Asians, and acculturalisation is really taking place. You said that Christianity is not dead at all is all nonsencial. In America and Europe, 90% of the population are Christians. Where the heck you said that it's dead?
I have already cleaned up slightly on the article, notably the Christians. However, in relations to the External Links in this older version, , I think that it should be put up, but in a different orientation. See how I did on Korean Buddhism.
Also, I hope that we can help together by cleaning up the article, making it similar to your Sikkim style in a month's time.
Mr Tan 18:12, 17 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- I've had a look at the external links. Most of the articles are not published by reputed media organisation. We need credible links, one that is published by established media organisations, not some shady websites having a propaganda to achieve. Next there will always be VHP rants on conversion. Everyone in India take their sayings lightly as their "proofs" are known to be dubious. References of conversions should be taken from reputed sites such as the Times of India, Indian Express etc. where a report or investigation is done by a reporter rather than publishing of sayings of an extremist member of an organisation. Nichalp 18:58, Feb 17, 2005 (UTC)
- How much information you know about Arunachal Pradesh, in order to expand the article?
- And also, how did the official tourism webstite on Arunachal said that there are around 5-10% of the population is Christian? There must be some explanation behind the growth.
Mr Tan 18:12, 17 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- I'm not denying that there is a growth in Christian population in Arunachal Pradesh. What I am saying is that if anything unethical is going on, a credible media source should be cited. I have some matter on AP (a few reference books), though AP remains India's least known of state. I collect information from newspapers and add the information to Wikipedia. AP is rarely mentioned, though I have some info on the new species of monkeys recently discovered there. Nichalp 18:55, Feb 18, 2005 (UTC)
Mr Tan: Is the image of the districts of AP copyright free? You would have to tag the image if it is under GFDL or in Public Domain. I've checked my references -- Manorama Year Book 2003' for Arunachal Pradesh but I have nothing much to add. I just have basic information on the districts, that 80% of the people are tribal and 2/3rd of the state is under forest cover. Not much to add I'm afraid. Nichalp 18:22, Feb 28, 2005 (UTC)
How come only Adi,Monpa and Nishi are official languages of Arunachal Pradesh. If you see the diversity of Arunachal tribes and sub-tribes you will find every district are speaking different dialects. Only Hindi and English are mostly spoken languages. I myself donot speak Adi,Monpa and Nishi dialect........ and am very much from arunachal pradesh. When you create any information about particular state it should have proper information otherwise it creates confusion for every one. Most appropriate and true information about arunachal pradesh is that every districts speaks own dialects and most importantly hindi is spoken almost every corner of arunachal pradesh.
whats the main food eaten here? whenever i search for it heare i never get it. Why is that so when i clearly type the topic?
Use of 'Communist China' as a pejorative to push an agenda
Bharatveer, can you please stop reverting my edits. You are getting close to 3RR. Your comparison of Communist China and Democratic India is designed to push an opinion. This is not the place - just keep it to facts. A country's name should not be preceded by an adjective unless absolute necessary and relevant. I get the feeling you are biased against China. If you want to discuss merits of so-called communism in China and so called democracy in India do it elsewhere. I have modified the section to a neutral tone and added a reference. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Bakashi10 (talk • contribs) 11:28, August 26, 2007 (UTC)