Looks pretty ok. I did a few copyedits here and there, please feel free to amend. Several films need year of release, either in parenthesis or within the prose. I added a few, please ensure all have the release year.--Dwaipayan (talk) 00:51, 29 July 2014 (UTC)
- this is funny: " Mahendra had three wives". For a moment, one May think he had three wives at the same time! Needs re-phrasing. Perhaps, married three times would do.
- the 1983 Malayalam film that explored mahendr's relationship, you may consider adding that Mahendra was not associated with that film's production.
- "being a film school student, he usually photographs..." First this sentence should be in past tense. Second, it seems as if his involvement in all those aspects is due to him being a film school student. There may or may not be a cause-effect relationship. Not all film school graduates are that much versatile. On the other hand, Satyajit Ray was versatile but not a film school student.
- "minimal characters": this is potentially problematic. You mean the number of characters were low? Or the characters were under-built?
- "majority of his films... strong characters" this sentence has tense problem. Both the verbs should be same tense; in this case, present tense would be better I think.
- "although influenced by realism... American cinema" : this comparative mode of sentence implies as if American cinema cannot follow realism, which is likely untrue.--Dwaipayan (talk) 05:21, 30 July 2014 (UTC)
- The check external link tool in this GA review page is showing a few 404 not found errors. Please fix those.--Dwaipayan (talk) 20:09, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
- Two categories of the article are indian male voice actors and aerial photographers. I am not sure if this article actually belongs to these two categories. --Dwaipayan (talk) 16:29, 2 August 2014 (UTC)
- He provided the voice-over for some characters in few of his films. In Moodupani and Neengal Kettavai he dubbed for the lead actors. As for the aerial photographer, I vaguely recollect S. Theodore Baskaran saying that Balu Mahendra started his career as an aerial photographer while working for the Sri Lankan government in Colombo. Sadly, I'm unable to find sources for both, and henceforth removing them. —Vensatry (ping) 11:44, 3 August 2014 (UTC)
- I did a quick spotcheck, and the few refereces I checked came out fine. The images also have appropriate license and captions.
- I think this article meets the good article criteria. Passing this.--Dwaipayan (talk) 16:09, 4 August 2014 (UTC)