Talk:Baseball World Cup
|WikiProject Baseball||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
I noticed that the International Baseball Federation refers to this series as the "Baseball World Cup." (See .) With Google, "Baseball World Cup" received 23,700 hits, compared to 841 for "World Cup of Baseball."
Would anyone object if I were to request a move of this article to "Baseball World Cup"? BRMo 03:27, 6 March 2007 (UTC)
- That seems to make sense. Sylvain1972 14:16, 6 March 2007 (UTC)
- Add # '''Support''' or # '''Oppose''' on a new line in the appropriate section followed by a brief explanation, then sign your opinion using ~~~~. Please remember that this survey is not a vote, and please provide an explanation for your recommendation.
Survey - in support of the move
- Support. The sponsor of the tournament, the International Baseball Federation, refers to this series as the "Baseball World Cup." (See .) A Google search for "Baseball World Cup" received 23,700 hits, compared to 841 for "World Cup of Baseball." BRMo 00:03, 9 March 2007 (UTC)
Survey - in opposition to the move
- With no opposition, I've gone ahead and moved the page. BRMo 01:32, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
The "Tournament Results" section needs putting in a table similar to that on the FIBA World Championship Wikipedia entry.
It's too difficult to read that section at the moment.
- I agree. I will work on a table format for the results. ludahai 魯大海 06:24, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- I have started working on this. Give me a couple of days to finish. ludahai 魯大海 12:22, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
Taiwan v. Chinese Taipei
I have a concern here. For "host country", it should read Taiwan with the ROC as Chinese Taipei is not a "country". However, their bronze medal victories should be marked as Chinese Taipei if (and believe the first was as well) done while using that name in competition. Does this make any sense? ludahai 魯大海 16:18, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
- I was going to change it but I dunno what term to use: Republic of China or Taiwan? "Chinese Taipei" should always refer to the team and the organization, not the place. –Howard the Duck 05:22, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
my name is robert.i live in cameroon; i pratice baseball in my country but is not very high that usa cuba ..... my english is not very better is the reason an end my test in french. robert pratiquant de baseball au cameroun souheterais avoir des echanges avec des clubs joueurs..... en raport avec ce sport. ma boite est email@example.com —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:19, 13 September 2009 (UTC)