Talk:Battle of the Hohenzollern Redoubt
|WikiProject Public Art||(Rated Start-class)|
I added this article because several VC recipient pages link to the article. I'm not a history buff, so I hope that someone who is more experienced in the field can fill it out. -- Mikeblas 22:48, 18 June 2006 (UTC)
German perspective anybody
Any German contributors out there who can add the German story ? By all accounts they put up an excellent defence and the article needs a more even coverage. Rod. Rcbutcher (talk) 01:57, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
- Added references from OH.Keith-264 (talk) 07:47, 12 September 2013 (UTC)
- Major-General George Handcock Thesiger, 27 September 1915.
- Captain Fergus Bowes-Lyon, brother of the future Queen Mother, 27 September 1915
- Lord Ninian Edward Crichton-Stuart, 2 October 1915
- I added these to the article because I understood that these losses represented a significant blow to the British capabilities which were felt for a long time. I will leave it to someone else's judgement as to whether to add them back. I would like that but probably won't edit the article again due to other pressures on my time. PeterEastern (talk) 14:20, 17 September 2013 (UTC)
- Edmonds 1928, p. 351.