Talk:Being beautiful in spirit
|WikiProject Philosophy||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
Maybe someone knows what this is supposed to be about. Deb 20:14, 20 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Delete --fvw* 20:13, 2004 Dec 20 (UTC)
- Comment. That's easy. Article is linked to from Knightly Virtues, which mentions  as a reference. However, I cannot find any information on the knightly virtues on that site. Recommend merging with Knightly Virtues, heavy cleanup, and rewriting Knightly Virtues so it's no longer a list (or else moving to List of Knightly Virtues and expanding the items there). 188.8.131.52 20:21, 20 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Delete as chivalry cruft, not encyclopedic. Wyss 23:39, 20 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Merge per 184.108.40.206's suggestion (no redir). Michael Ward 06:44, 21 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Merge. Samaritan 07:54, 21 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Merge. Jeltz 11:16, 2004 Dec 21 (UTC)
- Merge. [[User:GRider|GRider\talk]] 17:18, 21 Dec 2004 (UTC)
end moved discussion
Proposed merge - any objections?
I agree with the proposal to merge this with Knightly virtues, as it seems to naturally go there.
- I second this idea, though the article on knightly virtues is a bit scattered also, and "being beautiful in spirit" is one of the more dubious virtues. But I think at the very least it should be moved there.--Esprit15d 14:06, 3 November 2005 (UTC)
I propose to go ahead and move it if there are no objections within a week or so?
Disclaimer: I am not an expert on this area, so I am open to all corrections.-Paulc1001 12:04, 1 October 2005 (UTC)
- Yes, please, get rid of this article and merge it into Knightly Virtues as per everything said above. This is not an encyclopedia entry in its own right. --DreamsReign 23:29, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
It appears this page was supposed to be merged a long time ago, and I'm wondering why this never happened. Somewhat contrary to what a couple of people have had to say, I think that this might merit a page in its own right, but needs some definition as to which sources define it as a principle. Either way, it still needs some work. Fred.Pendleton (talk) 22:19, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
"being beautiful in spirit" is an English idiomatic expression. As such it would do better on wiktionary. It doesn't pertain to any topic in particular as far as I can see. You will find the phrase predominantly in contexts such as lightworkers.org, and it seems to be mostly used as an euphemism for "physically unattractive". It does not refer to spiritual beauty, which would be a topic of spirituality. The spiritual is sometimes referred to by "the beautiful in spirit", the big difference being that "beautiful" is here a noun, while this title uses the "being" to assure "beautiful" is understood as an adjective. --dab (𒁳) 10:55, 8 April 2012 (UTC)