|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
http://www.ukans.edu/history/index/europe/ancient_rome/E/Gazetteer/Places/Europe/Italy/Lazio/Roma/Rome/.Texts/PLATOP*/TIMELINE.html Bellona's temple vowed in 296 BCE, dedicated some years later.
Bellona and belladonna
I'd like someone with more moderating skills and a better grasp of English add a mention of the plant belladonna (Atropa belladonna) into this text. The plant was consumed by Bellona's priestesses during rites and rituals.
My sources are mostly in books that aren't in print anymore, but a search returned this link if you wish to check upon a single sentence:
- Why is most of this entry about Bellona and why should we add more Bellona material to it? Shouldn't we split the entry up and give Bellona her own entry?
- --Stalfur 13:56, 27 September 2005 (UTC)
- It seems that the entry for Bellona (godess) is redirected to this article. In my view this should be two seperate entries which link to each other.
- --Stalfur 14:11, 28 September 2005 (UTC)
- I'd move the whole thing, without fragmenting it and losing normal context, to Bellona (mythology), in line with many other similar articles. Enyo is a minor personication of the strife of battle in a Greek poem or two, and the editor who noted "frequently depicted as being covered in blood and carrying weapons of war" had never ever seen a Greek depiction of Enyo. --02:28, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
Roman Database is a roleplaying site run by 3 administrators-Jackson, son of Vulcan(Hephaestus) and Ceres(Demeter), Lilu, daughter of Pluto (Hades) and Cherri, daughter of Iris. It was created sometime in 2009/2010. The members are, Diane, editor and daughter of Jupiter (Zeus), Clegan, contributor and son of Mars (Ares), Diaamond, Honorary Admin, daughter of Neptune (Poseidon) and Pompona and Latus, follower and son of Apollo and grandson of Aeolus. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Koolmedium (talk • contribs) 22:51, 2 April 2012 (UTC)