|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Bernard Cribbins article.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Arts and Entertainment||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Doctor Who||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Span of career
Doctor Who appearance
Please restore the image
- The Foundation doesn't permit the use of fair use images for identification/depiction purposes of living people since they are replaceable with free content. --Hammersoft (talk) 20:13, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- This is against policy. We do not use fair use images of living people for depiction. I've reverted you. --Hammersoft (talk) 00:35, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- That's correct. The Swedish name of the film is "Picassos äventyr" and can be found under Bernard's entry at IMDB. Any idea whether he was speaking English or Swedish? He was also in a film which was in French and English (Allez France!) although I don't know which he spoke in that film. If he was speaking a foreign (to him) language in those movies, that could be a point worth including. Opinions, others?
- Mathsgirl (talk) 06:48, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
I remember seeing him in a fim in which he played a policeman. It was a drama and he was very good in it. He was investigating a murder that happenned a long time ago and discovered the murderer was the man who was now his boss in the police. Can anybody remember the name of the films, its not on any cv or database i've seen for him. A Quinlan184.108.40.206 (talk) 10:48, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
- You might be referring to "Dangerous Davies: The Last Detective." I haven't seen it so I can't say for certain but the information at IMDB suggests it could be.
- I'm not certain whether you raise that question in relation to improving the article. If not, just a "heads up." Talk pages are basically more a place for editor-discussions than chat about the content. If what I wrote is confusing, try the guidelines here: Guidelines :-)
- Mathsgirl (talk) 06:48, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
Doctor Who media hat-trick
Cribbins is to my mind the only actor to have appeared in Doctor Who in all three licensed media of TV (Wilf Mott, throughout 10th Doctor era), film (Tom Campbell, Dalek Invasion Earth 2150AD) and radio (Arnold Korns, The Horror Of Glam Rock, BBC Radio 7). If true, this is a highly notable record. Has this been remarked upon anywhere else that we can cite, please? Andrew Oakley (talk) 16:42, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
Links leading nowhere
There are a number of links leading to non-existent articles. Would it be worth changing these back to text only? Most of them are in the second Television section. In the case of "The Further Adventures of Noddy", it would be possible to redirect it to a section on the Noddy page where it's listed: Noddy Entry
Also, I made a minor edit a few minutes ago but overlooked the "Explain" box. I don't know if the history can somehow be edited but figure I'll leave that be, since I'm not sure how. The edit was simply correcting a typo on the second Television entry "The Good Old Days" where the 's' had been left off the end of 'Days' and the link was therefore pointing nowhere instead of to the correct page. Mathsgirl (talk) 07:10, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
Rearranging entire entry may be a good idea.
If you look at the contents, you'll notice that section 1 is about his early life and sections 2, 6 and 7 are about his career. They are divided by sections covering specific aspects of his career. Also there are two sections headed "Films" (3 and 11) and two sections headed "Television" (5 and 10). Perhaps they should be merged to form two sections instead of the four. I'm still getting the hang of the policies here and how to edit correctly so I'll leave it for more experienced editors to make those decisions and carry out any action decided upon. Mathsgirl (talk) 07:17, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
I've uploaded the rest of the photos of Cribbins from the filming of Old Jack's Boat last year. Thought they might be useful for the article. commons:Category:Old Jack's Boat. -mattbuck (Talk) 09:59, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
I'm sitting here watching Midsomer murders and Bernard cribbins is in it. It's the later version,not the version with john nettles