|WikiProject Video games||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|The following references may be useful when improving this article in the future:
NOTE: Were missing info about VBS2™ (Delete this after that's done)
- Bohemia Interactive was in no way involved in development or publishing of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. It was a game by Codemasters. --Hamarainen (talk) 11:00, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
The information written about the Lemnos arrests as it is now should not be included, it's based on primarily false facts and Greek media propaganda, they've taken names and details of a perfectly legal, perfectly non-intrusive research session from 2010/2011 as posted on Bohemia's own blog and twisted it into a false record of fact which someone from Greece has quoted verbatim, considering the ongoing legal issues involved wiki should not be including anything until it's confirmed by multiple sources, not just a Greek bias from the Greek media. The only thing that's 100% known and confirmed is that two Bohemia Interactive employees were arrested on the island of Lemnos, anything else is false, harmful and distressing. PlaceboPRS (talk) 06:59, 17 September 2012 (UTC).
- Claiming that Greek media is biased in this case without providing citation,sources real counterarguments etc is really lame.Please do not delete or alter the text again unless you can provide data and sources, unless you can show what's wrong with it in a substaniated manner.
- Moreover whether Greek media are biased in this case or not would also not justify the deletion of the text because e.g. there was (and now there is again) inter alia a googlecache copy of the forum thread in the aforementioned deleted text.Thanatos|talk 12:14, 17 September 2012 (UTC)
P.S.Just for the record it's not vandalism according to Wikipedia:Vandalism.So I take this specific word back.Thanatos|talk 12:51, 17 September 2012 (UTC)
---Copying verbatim from Talk:Arma 3---OK again just for the record;PlaceboPRS (an new editor who started editing here after and about the incident) raged against alleged Greek media propaganda and false facts. I'm not certain what this they've taken names and details of a perfectly legal, perfectly non-intrusive research session from 2010/2011 as posted on Bohemia's own blog and twisted it into a false record of fact which someone from Greece has quoted verbatim means;if it means that the Greek machine somehow managed to alter googlecache copy records et cetera or even more then simply lol...
Now let's see who PlaceboPRS might be :
"§2) Follow the instructions of the moderators When a moderator or BIS staff member asks you to do something or to stop doing something, please follow their instructions. If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Placebo), he will be happy to look into the matter."
-> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138909-Sleeping-Dogs&p=2209607&viewfull=1#post2209607 ->
Placebo Placebo is offline Über Verwalter " ...Anyone else playing? If on Steam add me: PlaceboPRS..."
Need I say more?Thanatos|talk 16:56, 17 September 2012 (UTC)
If I were trying to hide my identity I wouldn't have used a combination of my online nickname and my real initials, yet another example of looking for espionage when none exist. I removed the stuff you added because it was false and it was distressing to the friends and families of those arrested, it didn't even name the correct person arrested, how do you think the friends and family of the incorrectly named person felt? Here's a number of sources for you: https://www.google.com/news?ncl=daBx22ASwCRQT4Mhg6NWMgpyocJeM&q=bohemia+interactive&lr=English&hl=en I look forward to your correcting the falsehoods PlaceboPRS (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 17:41, 17 September 2012 (UTC)
- You hadn't stated explicitly your connection with Bohemia Interactive but still deleted a fully referenced passage(that inter alia included non Greek sources) claiming that the whole issue is a creation of Greek media bias, of Greek media propagandising, without providing (now or then-before) a single picogramme of evidence about anything.
- Moreover, sorry to inform you (no pun just a plain reality for most of names or internet aliases) but PlaceboPRS isn't a famous name that the great majority of people in the real world know of and therefore instantly once written, people have to know that you're a top BI Forum Moderator.Had to google it and then go through results and connect the dots in order to make a possible(and seemingly probable) connection.
- Won't you agree that this behaviour of yours is not very proper?
- Again (I don't, hitherto or henceforth, speak or claim to be speaking for the whole wikipedia community) please feel free to edit the passage in whatever direction you want, provided that both what you write is reasonable and you cite sources on what you add, and that you also explain (unfounded or irrelevant or illogical explanations like the ones you've hitherto given don't count) and cite sources showing that what you've deleted is wrong, and/or irrelevant and/or unfounded et cetera.
- E.g.in this last comment here you've claimed that the reported names of the arrestees are wrong("...it didn't even name the correct person arrested...");feel free to correct this while giving us a reference of course for it.It would help improve this (and the ArmA 3) article's accuracy so it it would be very helpful!
- You could write e.g. that "...It had been reported initially in-by such and such sources (references here) that the names of the arrestees are such and such; later this proved to be wrong(references here) and the real names are such and such(references here)...
- P.S.Just for the record I'm just a plain Greek who ,as far as I can recall, had never heard of ArmA3 or BI before the game and the incident were covered in Greek media (first in the past during the aforementioned Parliament discussion and then after the arrest incident).
- P.P.S.As far as the spying (alleged or not;note here also that in the article I wrote alleged espionage) per se is concerned and not our edits here per se(they aren't totally irrelevant-unrelated to each other but let's for the moment think of them as if they were), one might perhaps argue that it depends on what exactly one defines as spying;see for example what the articles 138-152 (especially articles 146-149) of the Greek Poenal Code say about this.And then recall that in Greece, Greek Law is the Law, as is Sweden Swedish Law is, or in Czech Republic Czech Law is...Finally think of, for God's sake, common sense!!! ;-)