|This page was nominated for deletion on June 13, 2007. The result of the discussion was speedy delete as copyvio.|
|This page was nominated for deletion on June 29, 2007. The result of the discussion was keep.|
This article has been deleted twice recently, first for copyright issues, and then for being about a group and not specifying importance. I don't know about the first deletion, but the second one was unjustified. Bossaball is not a group. It gets 60000+ hits on Google--I'd say that makes it a sport worthy of a wikipedia article. Also, there a couple dozen links to this article from other wikipedia pages. Why break all those links? If you don't like the article, make it better. Rracecarr 15:17, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
- Instead of just whinging that it's been deleted even though it's got 60,000+ google hits, why don't you try taking a few of those 60,000 websites and using them as sources to establish notability that can be verified? If you don't like the article being deleted, try fixing the problems that got it deleted instead of reposting it and/or complaining. Don't expect other people to be bothered helping establish notability and work on the article for you if you can't even be bothered to establish the most basic of notability yourself. DarkSaber2k 15:23, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
bossaball on tv news - Brazil
I found this page about bossaball appearing on 11 Brazilian tv channels/shows in January-February 2007 :
bossaball on tv in Brazil * TV SBT - Jornal SBT * TV Record - Fala Brasil * TV Record - Jornal Record * TV Record - São Paulo Record * TV Globo - Bom Dia São Paulo * TV Globo - Esporte Espectacular * Mar Esporte * Mar Litoral Record * S. Cecilia - Caderno Regional * TV Tribuna - Jornal Da Tribuna * TV Gazeta - Gazeta Esportiva
This links straight to an edited summary : bossaball on Brazilian tv epk 3 of these channels appear to be regional, but at least TV SBT, TV RECORD, and especially GLOBO TV are big networks. According to Rede Globo it is Latin America's biggest television network.
OK, bossaball.net may not be the most independent and reliable source for this to come from, but these tv channels and shows... they do tell us something about notability, I would say.
- No they don't, because like you said bossaball.net is not independent. How are we supposed to be able to verify information when it's just a random list of meaningless TV stations? I'm still waiting to see a couple relaible sources being provided from these alleged '60,000+' sources google is supposed to turn up. Surely you can come up with a better source than a non-neutral website from all those? DarkSaber2k 09:05, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
These are some of the articles I've been able to google up. Articles in various languages from various sources. Some official.
- newspapers : google news sources in spanish and portugese
- National Dutch Volleyball League officially supporting bossaball : NeVoBo.nl - in dutch
- scans of newspaper and press articles from Belgium, The Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Brazil : bossaball press page - yes, obviously this archive is on bossaball.com. But it does show that the game was at least notable to these journals and magazines.
- Bernie DeKoven, ludologist, lifetime member of Association for the Study of Play and the 2006 winner of the American Simulation and Gaming Society award, on bossaball : DeKoven on Bossaball - in english
- Clive Thompson, contributing writer on science, technology, and culture for the New York Times Magazine, Discover and Wired, blogging about bossaball : Clive Thompson on Bossaball - in english
Since I've been digging deeper into the google results, I don't think I can see any notability issues here.
- For some reason I can't view any of these through my offices web filter, but on the face of it they look fine. I'll have a look at them properly when I've got a chance and offer any input I might have about them. I'd say that there are enough sources to remove the prod, and anyone still wishing the article was deleted can take it to AfD, where at least you have a chance to argue your case. DarkSaber2k 11:25, 22 June 2007 (UTC)