|WikiProject Comics / Marvel||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Fictional characters||(Rated C-class)|
- 1 Revision?
- 2 Inclusion in the list of male superheroes?
- 3 Captain Universe/Living tribunal
- 4 First sentence Spider-Ham sub-section
- 5 Well I am sorry I could not be "Wiki-like" enough for you
- 6 Continuity
- 7 C-Class rated for Comics Project
- 8 Steve Ditko as co-creator?
- 9 Spider-Ham becomes Captain Zooniverse?
- 10 "Then"
Everything after "Death's Head 3.0" seems like nigh-gibberish to me. Someone who knows the character better should revise it. Vignettelante 17:06, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
Agreed. That section is completely uncited, and devoid of merit. It would almost be better to just delete it. --Knardi 06:46, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
Inclusion in the list of male superheroes?
Being an energy being that can and does 'posess' females as well as males, wouldn't Captain Universe be more properly classed as a genderless than as a male superhero? -Toptomcat 19:20, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
Captain Universe/Living tribunal
Im confused. Is Captain Universe powerful enough to take on the Living tribunal?
Baconator96 07:37, 11 November 2007 (UTC)Baconator96
- Wikipedia is not a discussion forum. You'd be better off looking for one of the plethora of comic discussion forums on the internet. But in a short answer, no, it's not. Nezu Chiza 09:48, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
First sentence Spider-Ham sub-section
Note: This is a real comic story not a prank and did actually happen in Marvel Tales #236.
Well I am sorry I could not be "Wiki-like" enough for you
I am the one who edited the majority of this page, unlike any of the rest of you. I may be a stranger to this place but I was one of the few who actually tried to keep it from being a decrepit, outdated source of information. Most of my writing is not good, I'll admit but at least I went through every Captain Universe comic I owned to expand the history of the character as well as include his/her/its counterparts, I built the tables of the Hosts from both Canon and Non-Canon comics. I did everything I could to make it as nice as any other page. As for everything after Death's Head 3.0 being uncited...I was unable to gather anything to cite it with...
Captain Universe information on the Internet is very, very limited. Oh, and the only reason I placed the quote seen in the post above was because someone had changed everything relating to Spider-Pig to Spider-Man. I only assumed that they assumed that Spider-Pig becoming Captain Zooniverse was a joke and I placed it there so that no one would confuse fact from the veil over their minds. But I assure you no piece of that uncited section is devoid of merit. If you want it cited then do it yourselves. I spent a lot of time cleaning up what I could on this page like the idiotic mistake of everyone calling the Uni-Power the Uni-Force, but no more. I did these things for the sake of bringing knowledge to those who wanted to learn about the character and you all threw my work into the dirt just because it isn't up to your standards. However, since a good portion of the pages on this site are out of date or are in disrepair or are plauged by Spammers, I can see why you are all overreacting about an uncited page. Good day, ladies and gentlemen...whichever you may be behind those false names. Have a wonderful life. Iron Man 2020 (talk) 10:32, 6 March 2008 (UTC)
- While I can certainly understand your frustration, complaining HERE and being upset that people are enforcing policies isn't the best way to handle things. I know that I for one, given a choice, would cut down on the requirements for some information, understanding as I do how hard it can be to find outside sources to cite for some entries. Unfortunately, Wikipedia policy tends to trump personal views. Your best best is to try and take it to the guidelines pages, make your points there and campaign for changes. You do, however, have a point that people largely tend to overreact to little things on here despite being faced with larger issues, and I apologize for those who come down on those actively trying to improve articles. You at least have MY thanks for your contributions. Nezu Chiza (talk) 22:24, 6 March 2008 (UTC)
The publication history and the continuity need to be revised and merged where appropiate. We need a 'Other Versions' section to seperate Captain Universe of 616 from all the other versions. Plus, it should be clarified that the Captain Universe power is capable of acting indepetendly (it once left Gabriel and took over an alien in order to get some info). Lots42 (talk) 04:10, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
C-Class rated for Comics Project
As this B-Class article has yet to receive a review, it has been rated as C-Class. If you disagree and would like to request an assesment, please visit Wikipedia:WikiProject_Comics/Assessment#Requesting_an_assessment and list the article. Hiding T 15:04, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
Steve Ditko as co-creator?
Since Captain Universe initially appeared in the pages of Micronauts, wouldn't it be more accurate to say that he was created by Bill Mantlo and Michael Golden? Golden was then the artist on Micronauts, thus the first to design and draw him.Mr. ATOZ (talk) 15:54, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
Spider-Ham becomes Captain Zooniverse?
"Fictional Character Biography" makes use of the word "then" so much it's giving me a headache. Does this merit changing or am I being too picky? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Aryst0krat (talk • contribs) 21:21, 12 February 2010 (UTC)