Talk:Carmel Valley, San Diego
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Carmel Valley, San Diego article.|
|This article is of interest to multiple WikiProjects. Click [show] for further details.|
This article was a stub, so I largly expanded it. I used the 2005 estimates instead of the 2000 census info (which I might add later) beacause it is more revelent. I might try to find a better map for the image or take a picture. I will add more companies under the economy section later. ChristopherMannMcKay 17:28, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
To whoever is maintaining this page: Go back and look at my Jan 26 edits. There's a lot of interesting information there from a lot of good sources. And, yes, I roughly know what I'm talking about. I wrote the Community Profile you reference on the City's Planning Page, and I maintain the Carmel Valley website.
You might also consider adding back the elementary school districts from my Jan 26 edits...
PS. The Carmel Valley Community Plan was adopted in 1975 (see the City Panning Page), but construction didn't start until 1983 (Baldwin) and 1984 (Pardee).
Please note that the following schools are not in Carmel Valley and should not be placed on this article.
- Del Mar Heights (Del Mar Union School District) Located in
Del Mar, CaliforniaTorrey Pines
- Del Mar Hills Academy (Del Mar Union School District) Located in
Del Mar, CaliforniaTorrey Pines Sage Canyon (Del Mar Union School District) Located in Torrey Hills, San Diego, California
- Torrey Hills (Del Mar Union School District) Located in Torrey Hills, San Diego, California
- Sycamore Ridge (Del Mar Union School District) Located in Pacific Highlands Ranch
- Canyon Crest Academy (San Dieguito Union High School District) Located in Pacific Highlands Ranch
- Cathedral Catholic (Roman Catholic) Located in Pacific Highlands Ranch
- Ocean Air (Del Mar Union School District) Located in Torrey Hills
- Earl Warren Middle School (Del Mar Union School District) Located in Solana Beach
- —ChristopherMannMcKay 22:59, 13 March 2007 (UTC)
Your list isn't quite correct. Del Mar Heights and Del Mar Hills are actually in the City of San Diego (yes, they are in the Del Mar zip code, just not in the City of Del Mar -- you are correct that they are not in CV, though.) Funny thing, the Del Mar Union School District has no schools in the City of Del Mar!
Sage Canyon is not in Torrey Hills, it's in Carmel Valley neighborhood 10. Also, you've totally missed Solana Pacific (Solana Beach School District 5th and 6th grade school) on Townsgate, here's a link Solana Pacific. I guess that's my fault, I haven't added the school to my own website! My website is also missing Del Mar Pines, a private K-6 school (Del Mar Pines) adjacent to Torrey Pines High school.
As to the idea that schools like Del Mar Hills, Sycamore Ridge, Earl Warren and Canyon Crest shouldn't be included in this article, well, it is true that the schools themselves are not within the community boundaries. However, there are Carmel Valley residents attending all of them. You might want to note in the article that there are sections of the community that don't attend schools within the community boundary.
Finally, in the near future there will be two more CV schools: Ocean Air Elementary (Del Mar Union School District) off of East Ocean Air, and a private Catholic K through 8 school at St. Therese of Carmel.
- On The Del Mar Heights School Web Site, it says the school's address is "13555 Boquita Drive, Del Mar, CA 92014" (The Web Site says Del Mar, but on Google Maps, it looks like it is in the Del Mar Heights community of Torrey Pines)
- On The Del Mar Hills School Web Site, it says the school's address is "14085 Mango Drive, Del Mar, CA 92014" (The Web Site says Del Mar, but on Google Maps, it looks like it is in the Del Mar Heights community of Torrey Pines)
- On The Ocean Air Elementary School Web Site, it says the schools address is "11444 Canter Heights Drive, 92130", which would make it a Torrey Hills.
- I agree, Sage Canyon is in Carmel Valley, I do not know why I said it wasn't; my mistake.
- I don't know why I didn't add Solona Pacific, I live next to it; although, I'm moving back downtown in a week.
I will add the following schools: Del Mar Pines, Solana Pacific, St. Therese of Carmel, and Sage Canyon. I will add a sentance that Carmel Valley residients attend schools in the neighboring communities. Thanks for the information.
—Christopher Mann McKay 16:17, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
Sorry, you're mistaken. Ocean Air Elementary is in Carmel Valley. The street (Canter Heights) begins in Torrey Hills, but crosses into Carmel Valley to the north. The school and the new community park site are in Carmel Valley South.
Move discussion in progress
There is a move discussion in progress on Talk:Alta Vista, San Diego, California which affects this page. Please participate on that page and not in this talk page section. Thank you. —RM bot 06:48, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
Why include a list of schools?
The list seems unneeded. It seems to be listing schools that are in the district not the community. I feel if this list was useful, it would only list schools relevant to Carmel Valley.