|File:Carolyn Jarvis, Chief Correspondent for Global News' 16x9.jpg
Carolyn Jarvis, Chief Correspondent for Global News' 16x9
|Born||Carolyn Michelle Jarvis
July 20, 1979
North York, Ontario, Canada
Vancouver Academy of Music
Jarvis was born in North York, Ontario and moved with her family to Richmond, British Columbia shortly thereafter. Her career began as a cast member on U8TV: The Lofters  where she produced content and hosted shows on the Independent Film Channel and The Life Network among others.
From 2002 to 2004 Jarvis worked as a weather presenter with The Weather Network, where she obtained her Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (CMOS) accreditation. In 2004, Jarvis moved to RDTV Red Deer, Alberta to work as a reporter and anchor.
In 2005 Jarvis joined Global News as a reporter and anchor for Global Edmonton. While there, Jarvis won the RTNDA Dave Rogers award for her feature on Edmonton Symphony Orchestra conductor Bill Eddins.
In 2008, Jarvis became a correspondent and weekend anchor for Global National. During her time there Jarvis covered the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, the British Columbia forest fires, and the shooting of Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. Jarvis also hosted Focus: Decision Canada, a national 30-minute program devoted to the 2011 federal election. In addition to being a correspondent for Global National, she also served as western correspondent for 16:9 The Bigger Picture (now 16x9).
In 2011 Jarvis became Chief Correspondent for 16x9 and investigated the British Columbia polygamist community of Bountiful, the use of stem cell treatment, and a behind-the-scenes look at casting for Cirque du Soleil, a story that won the 2011 Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) Dave Rogers Award for best long feature. Originally airing as a half-hour program, 16x9 expanded to an hour-long format in 2011. In 2012, 16x9 will return for a fifth season airing Fridays at 10pm.
|2002||U8TV: The Lofters||Herself||Season 2|
|2002||The Weather Network||Weather presenter, herself|
|2004||RDTV (CHCA)||Anchor/reporter, herself|
|2005||Global Edmonton||Anchor/reporter, herself|
|2008||Global National||Anchor/correspondent, herself|
|2008||16x9 TV series||The Bigger Picture western correspondent, herself|
|2011||16x9 TV series||Chief correspondent, herself||174 episodes|
Jarvis' mother was a music teacher/choral conductor so classical music was a large part of Jarvis’ life. As an avid music aficionado, she earned a degree in classical music from the Vancouver Academy of Music in Vocal Performance and can play the piano, trumpet, and trombone. Jarvis has been a part of many choral ensembles, including Edmonton’s Pro Coro.
- 2011 RTDNA Dave Rogers Award, Long Feature
- 2011 RTDNA Hugh Haugland Award, Creative Use of Video
- 2010 GEMINI Nomination, Best News Information Series, 16x9
- 2009 GEMINI Nomination, Best Host in a News Information Program or Series
- 2006 RTNDA Diversity Award Honourable Mention
- 2006 Alberta Media Production Industries Association (AMPIA) Nomination, Best News Feature
- 2005 RTNDA Dave Rogers National Award, Best Feature Reporting
- 2005 RTNDA Regional Award, Best Feature Reporting
- "Carolyn Jarvis Biography". Global News.
- "Carolyn Javis". Sizzling in Edmonton. Archived from the original on 23 August 2012.
- IMDB-U8TV "The Lofters". IMDB.
- "CMOS-Endorsed Weathercasters". Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society. Archived from the original on 19 June 2004.
- RTDNA Canada David Rogers Award
- GEMINI Nominations: Carolyn Jarvis
- Playback Online: Gemini Nominees: Performance Categores
- Shaw Media: Shaw Media's original programs garner 92 Gemini award nominations
- Canada.com: Carolyn Jarvis
- Broadcaster Magazine: Global and CH News Win Eight 2005 RTNDA Awards
- Global News Boosts Fall Schedule, Broadcaster Magazine, September 7, 2011.
|This Canadian biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|