Talk:Cheadle Hulme School
|WikiProject Schools||(Rated B-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Greater Manchester||(Rated B-class, Low-importance)|
- Hi. Thanks for your message. We have an alumni section, titled "Notable Old Waconians". I'll have a look and see if I can find some more references for the article. TomPhil 19:13, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- OK, I've added a number of references. I hope that it's enough for the article to be upgraded on the quality scale; if not, please tell me what else needs doing. Thanks. TomPhil 00:10, 25 March 2007 (UTC)
- It seems strange that any history of the school should ommit its importance to the sport of lacrosse until it was dropped fairly recently BrighterLater (talk) 22:12, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
|An edit requested by an editor with a Conflict of Interest has been implemented.|
In line with Wikipedia's Conflict of Interest Policy, as the PR Officer at Cheadle Hulme School I would like to suggest to amendments and updates to this page:
INFOBOX The infobox states that the 'Second Master' is 'Laurence Carr'. The School now has a Senior Deputy Head, rather than a Second Master, whose name is John Winter .
HISTORY Just a couple of typos here, which I would be happy to edit: End of second line of first paragraph in the brackets; (One of whom was "Ezekiel Browne) - should read (one of whom was Ezekiel Browne)
At the end of this section it would be good to add a link to Lucy Pearson's own Wikipedia page, which already exists - Lucy Pearson (cricketer).
JUNIOR SCHOOL At the end of this section, the Head's full name could be placed - Mrs Barbara Bottoms .
MUSIC Mrs. Joanna Davies and Dr. Harry Lowe no longer work at the school. The Music Department is now currently headed up by Mr Philip Dewhurst (Director of Music) and Mrs Sally Cocksedge (Assistant Director of Music).
MODEL UNITED NATIONS The School's MUN team, MUNCH has its own website which could be linked to half way through the section - http://www.mun-ch.co.uk/
FUTURE The School now does deliver Pre-U courses alongside A Levels .
A good addition to this section might be to talk about the School's Ten Year Strategic Plan, which was put in place by Lucy Pearson. See http://www.cheadlehulmeschool.co.uk/ten_year_strategic_plan for a whole host of information about this and the vision which the School has for its future.
I also may have some more up to date photography for the page but I need to investigate the copyright issues with this first.
Thanks - that should be a good starting point. I am more than happy to make these amends but want to be as open and honest as possible and not appear to be going against the conflict of interest I have. Timhudsonchs (talk) 08:24, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for your notes. The article was in need of some updating and I've had a look through today and done my best to make it more current, including I hope addressing the points you have raised. Please feel free to raise any other issues / suggestions re the article here and I will have another look at the article to see if they can be implemented. TomPhil 16:00, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
|A requested edit by an editor with a conflict of interest was declined. Some or all of the changes weren't supported by neutral, independent, reliable sources. Consider re-submitting with content based on media, books and scholarly works.|
I would like to update a couple of images on this page and also and a small piece of information to a couple of sections. As the PR Officer at the School and in line with Wikipedia's Conflict of Interest Policy, I would be grateful if somebody could implement these changes for me.
MAIN IMAGE The image currently showing at the top of the page is very old and outdated. The signage is now very different to that which is shown and I also don't believe it is the best encyclopaedic image to show for the School. Instead, I propose that the School's crest File:Cheadle Hulme School Crest.jpg be used as the main image. I have uploaded it, ready for use.
POLITICS The image used to represent Think Tank, on the right of the page, is also very old. A more recent visitor to the Think Tank society was Nick Robinson (a former student at the School). (https://www.cheadlehulmeschool.co.uk/podium/default.aspx?t=204&nid=658703) I have uploaded an image of his visit to the School File:Nick Robinson visits Cheadle Hulme School.jpg which would make this section more up to date and also link in with the 'Notable Former Students' section below. It would be great if this could be done also.
SPORT AND MUSIC It would be great to add the following line to both of these sections, or at least to the end of the second one, as a point of interest: The School now offers Scholarships in Music (https://www.cheadlehulmeschool.co.uk/Music_Scholarship_and_Exhibitions) and Sport. (https://www.cheadlehulmeschool.co.uk/Sports_Scholarships) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Timhudsonchs (talk • contribs) 15:23, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
- It appears as though the crest has already been added. When requests for edits are made, we need to review the specifics of the request, i.e., we need you to describe the change in detail, supported by reliable and independent sources for the edits you are suggesting. Be as specific as possible, ideally following a "replace X with Y" model, specifying the precise text and citations you are proposing. Before we would approve adding the image for Nick Robinson, we would need to have prose that supports adding the image. The current image that you wish to replace supports the article, while the replacement has no corresponding content. As far as the other requested edit, I'm concerned with the content in this article being primarily sourced to the school. We actually require reliable sources that are independent of the subject. Can you offer any independent sources to support the suggested changes? Cindy(talk) 10:02, 9 October 2013 (UTC)
Response re: requested edits above
|An edit requested by an editor with a Conflict of Interest has been implemented.|
In the section regarding Politics, one of the recent visitors to the school's Think Tank society was former student Nick Robinson. This is why I believe it would be great to update the page with the image of Nick mentioned above. It is a much more recent visit than the John Whittaker one mentioned currently in the article.
Could we add Nick to the sentence regarding visitors to Think Tank and replace the John Whittaker photo with the Nick Robinson photo I uploaded?
Regarding my note re Music and Sports Scholarships. If you would prefer secondary sources, this is also cited here
- Hi Tim; I see you have now provided independent sources for both requests so I have implemented your requested changes. TomPhil 13:20, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
Replacing/removing main image from right bar
|It is requested that an edit be made to this article that the user below does not want to make because of a conflict of interest.
Please review the request below and make the edit if the edit is well cited, neutral, and follows other Wikipedia guidelines and policies.
Please consider reading the instructions on how to review and submit request edits, including decline and accept parameters.
I would like to remove or replace the main image of the school gates from the right hand side of the article.
It is a very old image which doesn't represent what the School looks like today.
I have more recent images and am willing to upload them etc. but do you also need other sources/evidence to prove they are more up to date? Or, if I upload, would somebody be able to replace it for me?--Timhudsonchs (talk) 14:34, 12 March 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Tim; whilst an independent source would be ideal, I can't see this change being controversial, and an up-to-date image will inevitably add more to the article than an outdated image. If you upload an image you think appropriately represents the school at present then I will review it and add it to the article if appropriate. TomPhil 13:38, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- http://www.cheshireindependent.co.uk/229/userlogin.php#.UyBrPtJdV8E. Missing or empty
- http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=RYJMAQAAQBAJ&lpg=PA82&ots=tr3mdb4lyn&dq=cheadle%20hulme%20school%20scholarships&pg=PA82#v=snippet&q=%22cheadle%20hulme%20school%22%20%22scholarships%22&f=false. Missing or empty