|WikiProject Christianity||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
This article needs expansion. Some ideas someone can start with:
- Describes types of major types of church services in detail such as those of Catholic, evangelical, Pentecostal, Jehovah Witness, Quackier, Mormon, and other churches.
- Discuss the employment of singing as a part of many church services including the use Gospel choirs.
- Some info on statistics regarding attendance at services would be nice. Also their have been various articles discussing why attendance levels have risen or fallen. Also their should be surveys available that would indicate why some people who identify as Christian don't go to church on a regular basis.
- Discuss the special services that many churches offer on special religious holidays such a the Catholic "Midnight Mass" or the Eastern Orthodox alliterate Easter program.
- Some churches operate out of people's home. Discuss how their program varies in contrast to traditional churches with pews and an alter.
--Cab88 14:53, 5 February 2006 (UTC)
Had a go at starting the rework here. Big job...
Re the points raised above by Cab88: The particular church services in the sects will have to wait a bit; I think that singing should have its own topic; Since no church service is ever done so as to influence attendance, there isn't much point in discussing the attendance habits here.
Jeremynicholas 18:39, 8 July 2007 (UTC)