Talk:Classe préparatoire aux grandes écoles
|WikiProject France||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
This article is only about scientific classes préparatoires. There are also litterary ones, medical/veterinary, etc.Hektor 21:59, 4 January 2006 (UTC)
Grandes Écoles Merger
Restructuring this page
As a former student in CPGE, I was interested in how the CPGE are detailed in the English speaking world. Since I am new to Wikipedia as an author, I'll try to modifiy as well as I can, so any feedback is welcome !
The "Life in a CPGE" contains too much information and not all of it actually really relates to CPGE life. Therefore I added a new section "Organization", mainly based on the work done for the French article, and move in some information from the "life" section. I also tried to distinguish the information that is specific to a kind of CPGE to those who apply to all of them.
I also added some minor corrections :
1. added " commonly called classes prépas or prépas," : most of the French refers to CPGE as "Classes préparatoires", "Classes prépas" or simply "Prépas"
2. removed "mostly in the scientific sections" : the repeating of the 2nd year is maybe more frequent in humanities CPGE than scientific ones.
3. added some statistics about the demography of students in a year (source : Ecole Polytechnique webpage)
4. removed " A known joke among those students is that they are becoming monks for two years. Sometimes three.". Need to replace it further by a better explanation of "taupe"
Proposition of future work
1. Next thing that may be interestiong to do is to add a "History" and "Place in higer education" (or "CPGE, University and Globalization") to give the reader a better understanding of why the CPGE exist in their form today as a unique education system, and how they may face new challenges.
2. We may also add a specific section about all the folks and nicknames found in CPGE.
Is the section about "Recruitement of teachers" really relevant, especially compared to the level of description in other sections ? Maybe we should add it later, when the page will contain more information ? ChoLeChu (talk) 03:48, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
Some deletions on 03-31-2012
Hi, I am a contributor on fr.wiki. I deleted today some remarks which were not supported by any reference in the introduction and in the main course of the article. English readers have to know that the french system of CPGE is a controversial one, usually described as "bourgeois" by sociologists like Pierre Bourdieu. But it has widely evolved for some decades, and the material I deleted is objectively very outdated. The discussion on the criticism about CPGE, and on the remarks I deleted, is interesting and should be done in this article. I am sorry that I can't take part due to my very poor level in english. And I apologize for all the barbarisms in the few lines above. Gouffy (talk) 19:56, 31 March 2012 (UTC)