Talk:Collegiate university

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Universities (Rated Start-class)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Universities, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of universities and colleges on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Start-Class article Start  This article has been rated as Start-Class on the project's quality scale.

It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Colleges within universities in the United Kingdom.[edit]

Considering several of the examples mentioned of colleges within universities are Irish or American, this is a poor suggestion. -- Corgi (talk) 17:43, 19 May 2009 (UTC)

Personally, I think that article should simply be renamed Constituent Colleges of the United Kingdom. mnmazur  voicemail 

But in several of the universities the colleges have never been "constituents". Timrollpickering (talk) 10:47, 27 September 2009 (UTC)

It is clear that this suggestion does not accord with the topic, probably the proposer misunderstood the distinctive nature and history of "collegiate universities", i have removed the merge template from the article Ajbpearce (talk) 14:18, 6 January 2010 (UTC)