|Collin Raye received a peer review by Wikipedia editors, which is now archived. It may contain ideas you can use to improve this article.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Musicians||(Rated C-class)|
|WikiProject Country Music|
|This is not a forum for general discussion about Collin Raye. Any such comments may be removed or refactored. Please limit discussion to improvement of this article. You may wish to ask factual questions about Collin Raye at the Reference desk, discuss relevant Wikipedia policy at the Village pump, or ask for help at the Help desk.|
Was Collin born in 1959 or 1960? Hotwine8 03:34, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
- He was born August 22, 1959, according to the following sources: , , , , . Some of these may have used Wikipedia for a source, but the CMT one seems quite authoritative. Deco 21:33, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
How is he still considered active? He hasn't had a hit in years? Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of his but I just want correct info on here.
Vala M 14:48, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
Collin was indeed born on August 22, 1960. I am his personal and tour manager and have seen both his driver's license and passport. If anyone has time to edit the article, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, his middle name is Elliot, not Collin. Collin Raye is just his stage name and has nothing to do with his legal name. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:18, 27 June 2012 (UTC) Jonathan Fowler of Nashville Artist Management made this entry on 6/27/12.
Stop With All Of This Baloney, Collin Raye Was Born On August 22,1960,And I Have Heard In One Interview That He Gave, His Birth Year Is Listed As 1960,And He And Myself Never Lie About It!.18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:03, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
- You are not a reliable source. Unless you have a reliable source that contradicts what's already here, please don't change it again. Thanks. Tony Fox (arf!) 03:17, 16 September 2010 (UTC)
I can provide a scanned copy of either his driver's license or passport. He was born on 8/22/60. I am his tour manager and can confirm this. I work with him on a daily basis. Also, his middle name is Elliot. Floyd Elliot Wray, born 8/22/60. To whom do I need to email the scans? fuzzyjon79 - Jonathan Fowler of Nashville Artist Management. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:26, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
This has been going back and forth for years. Some sources say he was born in 1959, others say 1960. People affiliated with him have posted in the article and the talk page, all claiming that it was 1960. However, word of mouth is not a reliable source, so the article remains in flux, and is often subject to edit wars.
I would really like to put an end to this dispute. What sort of official source could be given — i.e., something tangible that can be cited within the article — to prove his birth year? Ten Pound Hammer • (What did I screw up now?) 18:25, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
- Neither of which is a reliable source. Ten Pound Hammer • (What did I screw up now?) 02:08, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
- I don't entirely agree See WP:SELFPUB#Self-published_and_questionable_sources_as_sources_on_themselves. Jschnur (talk) 02:21, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
IMO we should stop flogging a dead horse here and accept that his birth date IS 1960 as evidenced by his own assertions on myspace and facebook. It is WP policy (see above link to WP:SELFPUB) to accept this as reliable enough. And now we have an offer of copies of his passport/driver's license. What more do we want here? (Oh BTW we should fix his middle name too) Jschnur (talk) 00:02, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
- You can't cite one's passport or driver's license though. Not to mention that posting them here would be a good way for him to be a victim of identity theft. Ten Pound Hammer • (What did I screw up now?) 05:13, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
What do we need to do to get this changed? The CMT references, or any references that say he was born in 1959, are wrong. He was born on 8/22/60 and his full, legal name is Floyd Elliot Wray. My company, Nashville Artist Management, represents him. I can add a page to our website that gives correct details if that will fix the problem. His main website, collinraye.com lists us (Nashville Artist Management) as his formal representatives. This has to be more credible than the other references?fuzzyjon79 - Jonathan Fowler of Nashville Artist Management. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 17:37, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
- You can't cite word of mouth though, nor can you cite what you know through your own contacts — that's original research no matter how high up the ladder you are. If those other sources are wrong, try contacting them. It shouldn't be that hard to get a hold of CMT, Allmusic, etc. and say something like "I represent Collin Raye, and you have his date of birth and real name wrong", then wait for them to correct it. Furthermore, his real name and DOB can be put on his official website, which would be acceptable as a primary source. Ten Pound Hammer • (What did I screw up now?) 18:22, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
- Good. I think we can put an end to this. Ten Pound Hammer • (What did I screw up now?) 19:10, 29 June 2012 (UTC)