|WikiProject Aviation / Defunct Airlines||(Rated Start-class)|
I put the recently announced CRJ order here, because I presume (thought its not a guarantee) that the aircraft will end up with Comair, and NOT be used for Delta's mainline (as indicated by the comment that Delta needs the craft for feeder operations). If otherwise happens I'll update it. 22.214.171.124 22:53, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Comair logo.gif
Image:Comair logo.gif is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in Wikipedia articles constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.BetacommandBot 22:08, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
Is Cincinnati Airport convenient to where you are? If so, the Comair article needs an image of the Comair headquarters on the Cincinnati Airport grounds? Would you mind uploading an image of the headquarter building? Thanks WhisperToMe (talk) 18:23, 28 September 2009 (UTC)
11 April 2011 crash
- On April 11, 2011, Delta Connection Flight 6293 / Comair Flight 553 operating a Comair Bombardier CRJ-700 aircraft, in Delta Connection livery, recently arrived from Boston, was struck by the wingtip of Air France Flight 007, an A380, while on a taxiway at JFK airport, which was preparing to depart for Paris Charles de Gaulle. No injuries were reported.
- Are we actually listing a ground collision without any injuries in a list in which we had plane crashes and people who died? This shouldn't be listed there... Slasher-fun (talk) 21:01, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
Some Comair addresses:
- http://www.comair.com/comair/ShowBinary/ComairDotComRepository/cdc/pdfs/MRObrochure.pdf - http://www.webcitation.org/69UCKJ11n - 77 Comair Boulevard
- http://www.comair.com/comair/cdc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=cdc_pg_0020 - http://www.webcitation.org/69UCN7aqm - 82 Comair Boulevard
- "CVG board approves lease deal for Southern Air." Business Courier. July 17, 2012 -- Photo of former HQ
Loss of Comair
- Monk, Dan. "What does Comair's closure mean for CVG Airport?" Business Courier. Friday July 27, 2012.
- "CVG has to rise above Comair’s fate." Business Courier. Friday July 27, 2012.
- "Delta to end Comair operations Sept. 29." Business Courier. Friday July 27, 2012.
- "Ky. Gov. Beshear's statement on Comair closure." Business Courier. Friday July 27, 2012.
- Monk, Dan. "Machinist union: We'll push for severance from Comair." Business Courier. Friday July 27, 2012.
- Flight Global, "VIDEO: Air France A380 hits CRJ while taxiing at JFK", David Kaminski-Morrow, 11 April 2011
- CBS News, "Air France Airbus Collides With Delta Jet On Ground At JFK Airport", 11 April 2011
- NBC News, "Two Planes Collide on Ground at JFK", 12 April 2011