Talk:Computer keyboard

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Computing / Hardware (Rated B-class, High-importance)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Computing, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of computers, computing, and information technology on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
B-Class article B  This article has been rated as B-Class on the project's quality scale.
 High  This article has been rated as High-importance on the project's importance scale.
Taskforce icon
This article is supported by Computer hardware task force (marked as Top-importance).

add information regarding keyboard ghosting[edit]

Move to "Keyboard (typing)" please.[edit]

Who refers to it as a "computer keyboard"? "Keyboard" is much more common. Also, many noncomputer devices have keyboards. Ticklewickleukulele (talk) 01:53, 3 September 2012 (UTC)

Have you looked at the requested moves process? If there is no objection to your proposal here or you don't think there would be an objection, you can be bold and move the page yourself. If you think there might be any controversy then you might consider using Template:RMtalk to structure a more formal discussion here. Jojalozzo 02:19, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
For some strange reason, i only see the move arrow on the talk page, not on the article. Ticklewickleukulele (talk) 19:28, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
I use the default Vector skin and some configuration settings that put the "Move page" option in a Page dropdown menu. I can see it there so it should be possible for you to move it. I don't know what the "move arrow" is. Maybe you could ask at WP:Help Desk how to move it. Jojalozzo 21:23, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
I was talking about the dropdown box. Ticklewickleukulele (talk) 02:10, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
You can't move the page because it's been move-protected, i.e., only administrators can move it to a new title. That's most probably because of the reason that "Computer keyboard" is considered to be inarguably the most suitable title.
However, you can request the page to be moved to a different title here. — smtchahal 13:40, 15 March 2013 (UTC)

wikilink to Chorded keyboard please[edit]

This page is locked so I could not add a wikilink in the section Chorded keyboard to the Chorded keyboard wikipedia article.

It's a 30 second change for anyone with the rights - thanks! — Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk) 08:31, 22 October 2013 (UTC)

Mechanical Keyboards[edit]

If a random plebeian may cut in, I believe that this article is missing important information regarding the continued manufacture of mechanical key switches (the Cherry MX standard for instance), and their continued use among enthusiasts for their speed and feedback. Also worth mentioning would be the great value placed on the old buckling spring IBM keyboards by aforementioned enthusiasts. While this information is on the keyboard technology page, I believe these small references would still be useful on the main page. Thanks for your time. — Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk) 16:38, 7 February 2014 (UTC)

32-key computer keyboard and other variants[edit]

Here is 32-key variant:

 ; 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 A B C D E

You can remove the text using right-click menu. You use the missing letters using latin equalivement. — Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk) 19:01, 10 March 2014 (UTC)