Talk:Coptic Orthodox Church in the United States
|WikiProject Oriental Orthodoxy||(Rated Start-class)|
We badly need an [Edit Protection] for this article. The page is being Vandalised on a daily basis by someone who is deleting sections of the page on a daily basis. This is a waste of time for any efforts to restore the page and continue the verification process.
This has to stop oneway or another. I am requesting to have this page monitored and see who is vandalising the article and deleting sections of it.
- The only vandal here is you and your IP address. I suggest you stop adding that stupid website and the photo of that fake bishop before I get you banned forever from Wikipedia. There is the final warning for you, and I'm getting quite fed up with your attitude! --Ⲗⲁⲛⲧⲉⲣⲛⲓⲝ[talk] 09:14, 24 December 2009 (UTC)
We strongly object to their accussations and calling Bisop Mena as a fake person. This is irrespectable to his grace and not acceptable of them. Wikipedia is not about judging people and is not a battlefield for users to fight over points of view.
The rules are very clear they have to stop their daily vandalism, not mentioning that people are fed up with their childish acts. If they don`t like Bishop Mena, then good for them but they need to stop deleting his information.
Please, we are asking for your understanding and for applying the Wikipedia spirit and rules.
- I suggest you put your case to rest and stop vandalizing Wikipedia, because we know what you are doing and we will not stand by quietly as you take your personal quarrel with your parish's priest to Wikipedia. This is your last warning. You will be reported if you continue this behavior. --Ⲗⲁⲛⲧⲉⲣⲛⲓⲝ[talk] 02:07, 25 December 2009 (UTC)
We read Orthopraxia comments and here are our responses to it:
1) Mr. Orthopraxia is trying to analyze the Diocese of Fresno status in order to reach conclusions that leads to a truth from his own opinion (Truth Rule). Also, we are very well capable of answering his arguments, Wikipedia is not found to be a war zone or to prove one party is right and the other party is wrong (Truth Rule).
2) Orthopraxia being extremely interested in our Diocese's status raises red flags about who is behind him and what goals is he trying to achieve. He is very likely to be driven by a request of another Bishop who is supporting Bishop Mena. (And he knows who is the person we are talking about !!!). Again, Wikipedia is not the place for WAR regarding any Church internal disputes.
3) Orthopraxia, is trying to discuss the method used in choosing Bishop Mena and whether he was chosen by the members of the Diocese of through any other method? Thus taking the discussion into the root of the church well-known dispute to achieve his goal of eliminating the Diocese information from Wikipedia and scoring it.
4) The Diocese information has the right to be listed in Wikipedia despite the disagreement going on between several Bishops. We in the Diocese maintain open door policy and accept the others opinions (Please see the link to Bishop Athanasius's TV program having problems with Fr. Mena (later on Bishop Mena) and we never deleted that.
5) Orthopraxia and his friend are fellows of Bishop Ermia and trying to achieve his goals by eliminating the presence of the Diocese (because it is against their best interest).
6) We will never stop demanding our right to have the Diocese of Fresno listed in Wikipedia (because its presence is a fact) and widely known to everybody) desite attempts to deny it.
7) I (Bvs) can easily stop this silly editing war with these (2) Users, if they agree to stay away from us and abide the Wikipedia rules regarding editing other people's work and the (Truth Rule).
8) Finally, I want you to think about this (What is it for Orthopraxoia and his friend in it?), what would make them come from nowhere to start bothering the Fresno Coptic people in their diocese? Is that happening out of their goodwill? Are they making 24 hours shifts to focus on this subject out of their good nature? The answer is obvious, we in Fresno, know who is behind them and they know that we know !!!!!
9) Finally, and despite the fact of the friendship with Orthopraxia, we are still asking you to activate the Wikipedia rules regarding: a) Editing Rules for editing other user's work. b) Truth rules, c) All applicable other rules.
10) Although, we have 250 members in our diocese that can easily join Wikipedia to protect their right to have religious information on Wikipedia and get into what Orthopraxia wants to drag us to, and this will end up that he either stop his vandalism of our diocese information or will end up blocking 250 users who will come back again to defend their religion.
11) We will also, take this matter to another level with Wikipedia because his requests are completely unacceptable. He already had (6) vandalism warnings and it makes us wonder how many warnings does it take for him to stop. We are fed up with these acts.
Thank you for your understanding.