|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Crackdown article.|
|Crackdown is a featured article; it (or a previous version of it) has been identified as one of the best articles produced by the Wikipedia community. Even so, if you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|This article appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page as Today's featured article on July 25, 2010.|
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated FA-class, Low-importance)|
Removed references to cel shading
This game is not cel shaded (as per Cel-shaded_animation), nor did the cited reference mention cel shading. I wonder how many other games which use vaguely non-photorealistic shading are called "cel shaded" kibibu (talk) 07:05, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
dev info article to add (mostly note to self)
http://184.108.40.206/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16630 --MASEM 13:59, 3 April 2008 (UTC)
GAN on hold
- "However, despite these fears," - you can rmv the however hear...
- "and operating" - operating --> operates, I think
- "akin to the video game, Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction" - clearly it's a VG, just have the name here
- "Crackdown was to go exceed the gameplay" - huh?
- "bottom 30 percent" - bottom 30% of what?
- """We kind of knew 'Crackdown' would need as much help as it could get to get into players' hands...Like we've always said: It's a game player's game. It's not something that's going to sell in screenshot. So [the Halo 3 beta] was good."" - fix quotation marks (inner ones should be a ' (not "), and put Crackdown in italics instead of quotes
- "performs well commercially" - keep paste tense
- "a number of players saved games" - need apostrophe on players'
- Repeated wlinking (etc. IGN) in Critical response section
- All addressed, will mirror talk page --MASEM 04:46, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
This GAN has passed, and this is now a good article! If you found this review helpful, please consider helping out a fellow editor by reviewing another good article nomination. Help and advice on how to do so is available at Wikipedia:Reviewing good articles, and you can ask for the help of a GAN mentor, if you wish.
Added Billy Thomson as a designer
And was removed. I've reverted it.
He's in the credits as lead designer if you play the game
You can also seem them here on moby games
- Ok, that's fine - the name wasn't familiar (though yes, its in the article body), and the way it was added, copying the way David's name is there, made it look like common vanity edits that occur often from IPs that add their own name. No harm, save that I have removed the wikilinks since there's no article for him (yet). (Also note that new talk discussions should go at the bottom of the page.) --MASEM 14:06, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
What happened to the link containing the soundtrack list in crackdown? just when i needed it.... -_-
Puzzling text in second paragraph
"ESRB said.'This game should not be a 15 or 16 BBFC and PEGI.'" appears in the middle of the article's second paragraph, apparently apropos of nothing (since the rest of the graf has nothing to do with the game's ESRB rating... or whatever else all those initials may indicate). I don't know enough about the subject to comment further, much less make corrective edits myself, but it's quite bemusing as it now stands and hopefully someone who does know more about it will be moved to make appropriate adjustments.
This article is surely too long for what is, after all, just a computer game and as such merits only one paragraph explaining what the game is and a photo! There are far more omportant uses for server space. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 09:45, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- There are no limitations on server space, unlike a traditional paper encyclopedia. --MASEM (t) 13:23, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
"The main theme of the game is 'Paradise Bird Theory' by DJ Krush", and "Crackdown 2 was released on July 6, 2010 in the U.S. and Canada and on July 9 throughout the rest of the world" should have citations to solidify these statements. CR4ZE (talk) 08:20, 10 September 2013 (UTC)