|WikiProject Days of the year|
Selected anniversaries for the "On this day" section of the Main Page
|Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before editing this box.|
It is now July 26, 2014 (UTC) –
Moved / removed
- 1644 - Peace congress in Münster starts. The Peace of Westphalia (1648) would end the Thirty Years' War.
It did happen in 1644 but I could not confirm the exact date. --mav 02:19, 4 Dec 2003 (UTC)
- 1864 - Romania passes law forbidding Jews to practice law
- 1900 - The French National Assembly rejects nationalist General Auguste Mercier's proposal to plan an invasion of England.
- 1909 - First Grey Cup game -- University of Toronto defeats Toronto Parkdale
- 1916 - Alpha Phi Alpha, the first African-American college fraternity, is established.
- 1930 - The Vatican approves the rhythm method for birth control.
- 1942 - First US bombing of mainland Italy.
The December 4 date could not be confirmed outside of 'this day in history'-type websites (very bad source). --mav 02:19, 4 Dec 2003 (UTC)
Nope - happened the day before (already there). --mav 02:19, 4 Dec 2003 (UTC)
- I don't know about hugs, but December 4 IS "National Cookie Day" and "Wear Brown Shoes Day"! Not worth adding to Wiki, but worth a chuckle! — WylieCoyote (talk) 23:21, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
1110 - First Crusade: The Crusaders conquer Sidon. Other than a brief reference in the History of Sidon there is no other reference in this site to this event Recommend its review for official deletion.