Talk:Dick in a Box
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Dick in a Box article.|
|Dick in a Box was one of the Music good articles, but it has been removed from the list. There are suggestions below for improving the article to meet the good article criteria. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
|Current status: Delisted good article|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Good Article Nomination
I've looked over this article, and it seems to pass all of the criteria for a good article except on one minor point.
- It is well written.
- It is factually accurate and verifiable.
- It is broad in it's coverage.
- It adheres to NPOV policies.
- It seems to be relatively stable.
- It contains images. If this article got one more good, appropriate, legal image, I'd give it a "pass" without hesitation. That's my only sticking point.
Not a huge deal. Lemme know on my talk page if you get it another image. Nswinton 16:18, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
- Per WP:WIAGA 6(b): a lack of images does not in itself prevent an article from achieving Good Article status, I'm going to go ahead and pass it for GA status; I agree with Nswinton that everything else seems to be well done. I made some minor rearrangements before doing so. Chubbles 05:24, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
I've heard from countless people who they changed their opinion of Timberlake due to his being able to make fun of his boy-band image by doing Dick in a Box. It's anecdotal, but maybe there's an article out there somewhere to cite. You always hear about the organized complaints after something like this, but there's no real way to quantify increased respect. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by NjtoTX (talk • contribs) 23:34, 22 April 2007 (UTC).
The video is a parody of R&B sex ballad videos from the early 1990s.
Who, specifically? I can't seem to recall any male duo or group of artists that sang sex-me-up songs like this, though I suppose solo artists like Al B. Sure might qualify. -Rolypolyman 14:15, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
GA Sweeps (on hold)
This article has been reviewed as part of Wikipedia:WikiProject Good articles/Project quality task force in an effort to ensure all listed Good articles continue to meet the Good article criteria. In reviewing the article, I have found there are some issues that may need to be addressed.
- The Lead is not appropriate for the article: the information about concert performances should likely be below in the body, and there's no brief description of what the video is in the lead.
- The Response section is too disjointed written in the present style - One or two paragraphs would likely be clearer both in the main section and in the parodies.
- Make sure all the parodies/pop culture references are appropriate; and also consider general issues with linking to copyrighted videos on Youtube and other video sites.
I will check back in no less than seven days. If progress is being made and issues are addressed, the article will remain listed as a Good article. Otherwise, it may be delisted (such a decision may be challenged through WP:GAR). If improved after it has been delisted, it may be nominated at WP:GAN. Feel free to drop a message on my talk page if you have any questions, and many thanks for all the hard work that has gone into this article thus far. Regards, MASEM 23:08, 21 December 2007 (UTC)