From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Should merge in content from Digitized Night Gyr 10:09, 9 November 2005 (UTC)

Merge Digitize?

Yes, is should be merged. The words are only different forms of the same verb. morganl
Yes, this should be merged. A Wells.
Merge Digitizer?
Yes merge all those buggers. Fresheneesz 10:57, 15 April 2006 (UTC)
Yes, merge them. Sergio.ballestrero 10:00, 17 April 2006 (UTC)


All articles merged. But, it wouldn't be better to move this article to Digitize or Digitization (that articles are currently redirections)?

Nethac DIU, would never stop to talk here
12:21, 17 May 2006 (UTC)

From Talk:Digitizer[edit]


From the Windows_CE article "The defining characteristics of the pocket pc are the digitizer as the primary Human Interface Device and its extremely portable size." what does digitizer mean in this context? Mathiastck 18:05, 9 August 2006 (UTC)

I think the digitizer is what reads the pen input? Mathiastck 22:50, 9 August 2006 (UTC)


Obvious we need a disambig page, for these are all meanings, and though there's a common thread, the material is different. But one "word" that does not apply is "electronify" . If it has any meaning at all, it seems from Google to be used in to sense of convert a large project to an electronic version, which is much more than just digitizing something. Its a separate concept, and I'm not sure what normal human word it corresponds to. We can deal with it on the disam page (or here, as a ref. But it is not a synonym.DGG 06:31, 4 October 2006 (UTC)


Why does Code: Lyoko receive an honorary mention in the Fiction section, but the by-far more famous cartoon Digimon (which alludes to the concept of digitization in it's name) have no mention? —Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk) 03:54, 16 February 2009 (UTC)

Add section to differentiate Digitalis use?[edit]

the word 'digitise' or 'digitalise' is also used as far as i know in medical circles to put a patient on the drug digoxin, which comes from the "Digitalis" genus of plants. It's a medication used to treat some heart conditions and can be lifelong. Should we include a section to differentiate this use? It's really completely unrelated and a reader wishing to find out use of this word might be completely confused. Btw I'm really not making this up, I've seen it being used in a few different places by established writers. Particular incidents escapes me now though. A quick google search of 'digitalize digoxin' has quite a few hits on medical sites such as uptodate, pubmed and rxlist. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Squiggle (talkcontribs) 15:06, 19 August 2009 (UTC)

Interesting scenario but not one warranting a section in the article. If you type "digitalise" into the search engine it asks if you meant to type "digitalis". If you type digitalis in hoping to find something about AD conversion, you need to learn to type! Seriously, if you can find instances of the use of "digitalise" refer to medication, bring it up at the db page, as there's already a dab link at the top of the article here. --mikaultalk 12:30, 27 August 2009 (UTC)


Digitiser should redirect here. The magazine should be accessible by the disambiguation page. (talk) 17:19, 24 April 2011 (UTC)

Collaborative Digitization Practices website incorrect[edit]

I followed the link cited for the Collaborative Digitization Practices (10), and it brought me to sketchy site about getting gun licenses. Should this link be removed? — Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk) 17:11, 5 November 2012 (UTC)

Yes, now removed. BabelStone (talk) 21:32, 10 December 2012 (UTC)