Talk:Dirk van Erp
|WikiProject Biography / Arts and Entertainment||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Visual arts||(Rated Start-class)|
- How about, "Thanks a lot for creating an article on this important figure in the Arts & Crafts movement who was sadly missing beforehand" 8-)
- It's a problem finding images, certainly. Early 20th century is always difficult: too old to photograph the event yourself, too recent to have entered the PD yet. You might find something through publically-funded US galleries and museums who often publish under a US government open license, because of their funding. Andy Dingley (talk) 12:12, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
I can't understand why Cobre gets a ref here. From their page: "however, little has changed in how the copper is worked and finished." I think the only link is that both work in copper :(. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Teufelsdroch (talk • contribs) 04:29, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
- I mentioned Cobre because they sell hand crafted copper items many of which are directly inspired by the work of Arts and Crafts artisans of 100 years ago including van Erp. They specifically mention van Erp as an inspiration. Jim Heaphy (talk) 01:02, 25 November 2009 (UTC)
I have uploaded a photograph of Dirk van Erp in his showroom on Wiki Commons titled "dirk van erp.jpg" from our family collection and cannot upload it to the article. Feel free to do it if you can.Mimi1964 (talk) 22:41, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
Birth date of Dirk van Erp
184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:32, 26 November 2013 (UTC)Your article states that Dirk van Erp was born on 1 January 1860 when, in fact, he was born on 4 January 1862. This is verified by the archives of the province of Friesland, the Netherlands where his birth city, Leeuwarden, is located. Here is the information from the archives: Geboorteakte Leeuwarden, 1862 Aangiftedatum 6 januari 1862, akte nr. 20 Dirk van Erp, zoon, geboren 4 januari 1862 Vader: Willem van Erp Moeder: Agatha Tjepkema
Birth record Leeuwarden, 1862 Declaration date 6 January 1862, record number 20 Dirk van Erp, son, born 4 January 1862 Father: Willem van Erp Mother: Agatha Tjepkema
As you can see from his own children, Dirk's daughter was named after his mother and his son was named after his father.
A copy of the actual birth record is available to be seen online.
- Fine. So please correct the text.
- (If you are shy about doing that, since you say the birth record can be viewed on line, you could add a link to tat on the talk page and someone else can do it.)