|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Untitled
- 2 Taherpur temple
- 3 page deletion in India wikia
- 4 The displays
- 5 It is also the most significant socio-cultural event in Bengali society.
- 6 Kalabau
- 7 Talk Page Entry October 01, 2011
- 8 Talk Page Entry October 02, 2011
- 9 Talk Page Entry October 03, 2011
- 10 Merge proposal Akaal bodhan
- 11 Talk Page Entry March 06, 2012
"the first such Puja was organised by Raja Nabakrishna Deb of the Shobhabazar Rajbari of Calcutta in honour of Lord Clive in the year 1757. The puja was organised because Clive wished to pay thanks for his victory in the Battle of Plassey. "
this part of the article may be controvertial. Proper citation should be present.
Can someone help me out here? How does this article relate to the one on Navaratri?--The Lesser Merlin (talk) 11:24, 16 May 2010 (UTC) This May help: http://hinduism.about.com/od/durgapuja/a/durga_puja_history.htm
I don't agree that this article should be merged with that of the Durga Puja. It would be as crass as forcing together "Christ" and "Christmas". The "Durga Puja" is both a state and a religious holiday. The two Wikipedia pages deserve to have their own identity.
There is little enough in-depth information about Hindu religion on Wikipedia as it is and most of it is, sadly, written by non-Hindus who feel comfortable writing about traditions that they have not themselves studied in any depth. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 21:08, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
- What was this comment about? I assume it doesn't apply any more, given that it's now sitting in the talk page with Durga Puja? How confusing. --Oolong 15:40, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
page deletion in India wikia
The intention is to see whether this page, photo gallery, gets deleted from uncategorised categories page.
--Dore chakravarty 22:25, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
Someone a bit more knowledgeable than me should probably add some more about the standard Durga Puja tableau - it's not described in any detail at the time of writing. Who's she slaying? (Maheshasura, as I understand it, though almost everyone I met in Kolkata seemed to refer to him as just Asura, pronounced 'Oshur)... Who are her four children, and what is their significance in the proceedings? Does the lion have a name? What about the poor bull who's getting beheaded? I could answer most of these questions myself, based on what local Hindus told me, but someone must have a better idea than me...? --Oolong 15:40, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
two cchildren, lakshmi and sarswati are siblings of parvati .dvn (march 2009 —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 15:35, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
It is also the most significant socio-cultural event in Bengali society.
wrong sentence. in Bangladesh, durga-puja is not a big event. this line could be re-written as "it is also the most significant socio-cultural event in Bengali Hindu society." —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:10, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- You can make the change with adding reliable reference or citation. --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 16:13, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
Talk Page Entry October 01, 2011
- These two pages don't exist in Wikipedia. I have removed these from "See Also" section, as there was simply nothing to see. --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 16:19, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
- I have created a new section, Durga Puja Mantra and added an audio sample. --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 16:48, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
- I have added Durga Puja pronunciation sample. --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 17:07, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
- I have added all the citation and references which were needed and requested in this article. I think, it is the time to remove "needs citation" template from this article. --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 19:04, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
- I have added few more references today and removed the template. --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 11:44, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
Talk Page Entry October 02, 2011
- There were some formatting error (like directly writing the word "bold" to make a word in bold formatting, and few vandalism. I have corrected those. I have given summary with each edits. Can be seen in history page of the article. --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 11:44, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
- I have added "Durgotsava" Bengali pronunciation. --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 11:44, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
Talk Page Entry October 03, 2011
- I have added a sample sound of Durga Puja Dhak and trying to collect some images of Durga Puja outside India. --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 00:58, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
- I had sent emails to two websites where I saw some images to donate images to Wikipedia/Commons. But, no one has responded so far! :-( --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 00:58, 8 October 2011 (UTC)
Merge proposal Akaal bodhan
- Do not agree! But, why do you think so? --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 11:38, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
Yes, please merge [[Akaal bodhan}} with this article as they both are just same!! (SEND ME A MESSAGE) Jagadhatri 08:28, 29 December 2011 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jagadhatri (talk • contribs)
- Please don't merge the article. The article is not on Durga Puja, we have clearly mentioned it at the begining of the article. This article is on the term and on the theme Akaal Bodhan. --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 02:13, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
Talk Page Entry March 06, 2012
Last Durga Puja, I started working on Durga Puja Mantra section. But, could not add enough information in that section due to lack of time. Oops sorry! I feel we should not add too many verses (slokas) in this article. But the mantra I have added today is a very important Mantra in Durga Puja. Hope to do some clean up/fmt works further. Thanks! --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 18:02, 6 March 2012 (UTC)