Talk:Economy of Lithuania
|WikiProject Lithuania||(Rated Start-class, Top-importance)|
|WikiProject Economics||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
The contents of this article seems pretty outdated, by some 5 years or so. Lysy 19:30, 1 Apr 2005 (UTC)
This is indeed true, but the fr:Wikipédia:Êconomie de la Lituanie is not in a much better position. I have tried to make the best of both. If someone is able to delve into this subject, which is really not in my realm of competence, I am sure everybody would like it. In any case, I stay on watch, so as to be able to translate any amelioration into French. Note that the French text (which I found as it was) is probably a bit better structured than the English one, and there should be something to be considered there.
Trassiorf 20:50, 5 February 2006 (UTC)
Okay, I have added a POV template to the page because it reads, frankly, like a press-release. Whether or not this was intentional, it is pretty obvious with phrasing such as:
- Inflation in Lithuania is no longer a problem. Economic sentiment and confidence of all business activities have rebounded from a record low at the beginning of the year 2009 and suggest further improvements in the economy.
- Lithuania attracts foreign investors not only because of small tax burden but also because of a skilled workforce, a well-developed infrastructure and a bigger domestic market than the other two Baltic states combined.
- Lithuania has an ambitious plan to become a Northern European innovation centre by 2020. To reach this goal, it is putting its efforts into attracting FDI to added-value sectors, especially IT services, software development, and consulting services, as well as finance or logistics.
- Lithuania has prepared an attractive environment for business start-ups
- Lithuania takes the first position in the EU by the number of students in the country.
- An excellent telecommunication infrastructure and a well-educated, multilingual workforce enable Lithuania to provide high quality business services worldwide.
There's more, but that's a pretty good set of examples, I feel. Now, I don't really have a whole lot of time to spend on this, so while I'll do what I can, that's not going to be a whole lot. Aero-Plex (talk) 20:08, 9 June 2014 (UTC)