|Elsa (Disney) has been listed as a Media and drama good article under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do, and if it no longer meets these criteria, it can be reassessed.
Review: January 2, 2014. ( ).
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|A fact from Elsa (Disney) appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 16 January 2014 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
Please don't redirect article
I'm going to try to rewrite this article from a non-fictional perspective with sources, etc. It will most likely take a few days, so I'm requesting that in the meantime it is not redirected to Frozen (2013 film) page. Thank you, --1ST7 (talk) 06:34, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
- The movie just came out, and none of its characters have enough real-world notability enough for their own article. Any relevant information about the characters can go in Frozen (2013 film). Trivialist (talk) 13:04, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
- Wikipedia:Notability (fiction) states that "significant coverage in independent secondary sources" makes an element of fiction notable, and in this case there are more than enough sources that can be used for the article. --1ST7 (talk) 00:54, 11 December 2013 (UTC)
Title of article
A few days ago, someone changed the title of this article from "Elsa (Disney)" to "Elsa the Snow Queen (Disney)". I think either the "Disney" part or the "Snow Queen" part should be removed, as only one is needed to clarify who the character is. Personally, I am in favor of the original version - Elsa (Disney) - because it corresponds with how most of the Disney princess articles are titled. See Rapunzel (Disney), Snow White (Disney), Merida (Disney), Belle (Disney), and Tiana (Disney) for examples. --1ST7 (talk) 19:35, 21 December 2013 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Elsa (Disney)/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
Verifiable with no original research:
- Largely well-done overall with reliable sources. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not see any references stating that Eva Bella and Spencer Lacey Genus voice Elsa as a child. I'm sure this can be fixed quite easily, perhaps by including a reference for each actress towards the end of the voice "Voice" section? Perhaps these links could be of use? http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-cast-and-crew/frozen.6/ http://ca.movies.yahoo.com/movie/frozen-2013/credits.html http://gazette.com/movie-review-disneys-animated-frozen-is-pretty-chill/article/1510181 --Changedforbetter (talk) 19:30, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
Broad in its coverage:
- While researching I discovered that Idina Menzel had previously auditioned for the lead in Tangled but was unsuccessful, and through this connection cast as Elsa. Perhaps you can include this somewhere in the "Voice" section as well? Here are some links and sources that you might find useful: http://www.contactmusic.com/story/secret-phone-recording-helped-idina-menzel-land-new-disney-role_3932100 http://www.hollywood.com/news/brief/55039765/secret-phone-recording-helped-idina-menzel-land-new-disney-role Changedforbetter (talk) 19:30, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
- Very much so. "Reception" section is unbiased and wide in its coverage. I have taken the liberty of dividing the area in which critical reception is directed particularly towards Menzel's singing and "Let it Go" into its own subsection because it is quite large and detailed.--Changedforbetter (talk) 19:30, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
Illustrated, if possible, by images:
- Also well-done with this. Five very good, tastefully used images.
- Make the few modifications that I suggested above and I will definitely pass this article for GA in no time--Changedforbetter (talk) 19:30, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for the review! I've made the suggested modifications. --1ST7 (talk) 22:25, 2 January 2014 (UTC)