Talk:Engineer's scale

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Metalworking (Rated Start-class, Low-importance)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Metalworking, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Metalworking on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Start-Class article Start  This article has been rated as Start-Class on the project's quality scale.
 Low  This article has been rated as Low-importance on the project's importance scale.

This needs major rewriting. There are, of course, metric engineer's scales as well. What is different in metric is that there is probably not a separate architect's scale.

Mine, by Staedtler, says "METRIC" right on it, and has scales of 1:100, 1:200 1:250, 1:300, 1:400, and 1:500. Gene Nygaard 22:52, 27 July 2005 (UTC)

Shouldn't this not define scales as a ruler? I know I've had teachers take points off for calling them rulers.

Would be useful to discuss how to draw to sacle usine the engineer's ruler.

Technically speaking, the term "scale" means a device that is used to measure an object. The term "ruler", again strictly speaking, is reserved for a tool that aids you in drawing straight lines. The problem comes about because we now use both terms to generically mean a measuring device. (mmaheu) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Mmaheu (talkcontribs) 13:43, 17 January 2008 (UTC)