|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Esmée Denters article.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Musicians||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Netherlands||(Rated Start-class)|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 10 March 2007. The result of the discussion was keep.|
This article should not be deleted based on the claim there are not multiple non-trivial works:
- YouTubeclipjes bezorgen 18-jarige bliksemcarrière, de Volkskrant
- Nederlandse tiener beroemd dankzij Youtube, Elsevier
- YouTube stars don't always welcome record deals and Dutch YouTube star scores music deal, Reuters
- De Wereld Draait Door, Dutch national television
This article is written in a "and then this happened, and then this happened, and then this happened" style. It could use some distance from the entire phenomenon (or hype).--22.214.171.124 08:24, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
i volunteer to organize and re-write this initial entry in a more factual basis in two days. i say two days because i'm taking the time to learn the Wikipedia author and style guidelines before any re-write. Jsfunfun 20:41, 9 March 2007 (UTC)
Nomination for deletion
This article was nominated for deletion by User:RJASE1. As the original author of the article, I oppose the nomination with the following considerations: the subject is legitimately noteworthy as may be seen from the citations in the text. That she is a popular entertainer is borne out by her fan base and her notariety in her own country. Will she be as famous as Madonna or even the Numa Numa guy, who knows? The subject is a project in the works - maybe we should place a "current events" notice instead of a deletion notice! Verne Equinox 14:35, 10 March 2007 (UTC)
- And another thing: More proof of her fan base is here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfSWCbUSd_o Is this fan devotion or what? Verne Equinox 15:25, 10 March 2007 (UTC)
is bDay/ bPlace correct?
/88. When i first saw her myspace account she had her bday on it at 9/28/88 and i happend to come across a detailed genology tree of her mother's side of the fam giving Ms. Denters bday as 9/28/88 and bplace as Arnhem. so, just a heads up but 11/23/88 may not be correct.
- Before reverting to the November date, I looked on Google for her birthdate, and didn't have much luck. (Unfortunately, I don't know Dutch for birthday, birthdate, September, or November.) Several sites used the November date, but in most cases were clearly getting their own info from Wikipedia. In the end, I went ahead and reverted to the old date, since it had been stable for a long time. I was going to post here myself, asking if anyone had a source for her birthday. If you've got a source for the September date, great. -- 17:53, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
a birthday / birthplace source
google: Parenteel van Hendrik Piers Denters (only 4 results)
look for RTF file on topic: Parenteel van Hendrik Piers. link is: http://home.hetnet.nl/~janbuinen/extra/GEN/Document.rtf search for name: Daphne (cause Esmee is spelled with accents & find doesn't work) 126.96.36.199 01:01, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
A further source is: http://www.esmeezone.com/2007/06/23/little-update/#comments On this websize (in Dutch) her mother claims that her birthday is 28 September. 188.8.131.52 19:58, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
I have made an attempt at rewriting this entry, removing contentious information and reducing references to confirmed and verifiable information. I have in particular added the category "Internet phenomena", which since Ms. Denter's recent signing with Justin Timberlake is clearly the case. As to the best of my knowledge Ms. Denters has at this time never performed in front of an audience, or been paid for singing, I do not think further expansion is warranted. Until such time, I wonder if even the profession "singer" is appropriate - I would suggest she is still (but barely) a student.
maartsen 18:02, 10 June 2007 (UTC)
When it was announced that she was with tenman records it was also said that her album will be released later this year. Shouldn't this be in the article? =D
Very little of this information is sourced to a reliable source. Personal websites, youtube, myspace, blogs don't do it. The two Reuters links do not verify the information. Corvus cornix 22:59, 20 September 2007 (UTC)
- Understood. The users 184.108.40.206 (talk · contribs) and 220.127.116.11 (talk · contribs) have been identified as vandals due to their unsourced material and their edits have been undone. Thank you. Jayson28 (talk) 14:55, 6 September 2009 (UTC)
Could someone tell me why the information I put recently has been deleted? I recently edited the page and said that Esmee's song Outta here is featured in the Sims 3. Her song can be heard on the stereo systems the Sims Characters use. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:48, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
Outta here was also on #22 in Estonia 
- Ok let me simplify this for you (sorry i didnt notice your question on the talk page, i dont really visit it). WP:GOODCHARTS are acceptable record charts, WP:BADCHARTS are unacceptable ones and WP:record charts explains how to use charts in articles.