|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This article has an assessment summary page.|
"Mail Order" Brides
There is no discussion in the article about the fact that most Philippine migration from the 1970s onwards has been in the form of young females migrating to Australia to marry older Australian men, through dating and marriage agencies. Perhaps this should be mentioned. —Preceding unsigned comment added by MichaelGG (talk • contribs) 13:13, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
You want to source that, MichaelGG? That's typical racist BS at it's finest. "Most" is a wonderful qualifier unless backed by a figure and has no place in an encyclopaedia. While I'm at it, I changed Sef Gonzales's description to mass murderer; there's a difference between that and a serial killer. -- unsigned. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 06:00, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
"Some" or a "Minority" of Filipino-Australians have Spanish ancestry.. Only a few though.. not everyone.. That's a Fact.. :P —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:45, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
Orphaned references in Filipino Australian
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of Filipino Australian's orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "ABS Ancestry":
- From Scottish Australian: "20680-Ancestry (full classification list) by Sex — Australia" (Microsoft Excel download). 2006 Census. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- From Indian Australian: "Australia - Community Profile" (Microsoft Excel download). 2011 Census. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2012-06-24. Total responses: 25,451,383 for total count of persons: 19,855,288.
- From Welsh Australian: "20680-Ancestry (full classification list) by Sex - Australia" (Microsoft Excel download). 2006 Census. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- From Montenegrin Australian: "20680-Ancestry (full classification list) by Sex - Australia" (Microsoft Excel download). 2006 Census. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2008-06-02. Total responses: 25,451,383 for total count of persons: 19,855,288.
- From Ethiopian Australian: ABS 2006b, Ancestry
- From Italian Australian: "ABS Ancestry". 2012.
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 05:05, 22 August 2013 (UTC)