|WikiProject Electrical engineering|
|This article is the subject of an educational assignment supported by Wikipedia Ambassadors through the India Education Program.|
Should give examples of some popular filter banks, and also talk about perfect reconstruction.
I'm putting a stub tag to this article. There are many volumes of books on filter banks, and filter banks are being used in virtually every signal processing application nowadays.--C6H12O6 11:06, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
We say "A filter bank is an array of band-pass filters". But bandpass filters produce bandpass outputs, which are not down-converted and decimated. But many structures called "filter banks" also do the down-conversion. And subsequent synthesis algorithms must include upconversion.
We also say "With the polyphase matrix you easily answer the question for the perfect reconstruction property of a filter bank." That doesn't appear to be a correct English sentence. Besides that, I don't think it is a correct statement, because of the important detail of the design of the analysis and synthesis filters.
fredric j harris
User:spinningspark wrote: "I'm sure he uses capitalization"
So here is the actual book cover image
- That is beside the point, it is still not the proper way to format a citation. SpinningSpark 19:43, 16 December 2009 (UTC)
No, that's a different point. The point is whether or not fred harris "uses capitalization". Here's another counter-example: http://electrical.sdsu.edu/faculty/frederick_harris.html And I can scan the title pages inside the book, if you like.
As to your next point, check out these edits by other editors:
- Ok, I surrender. SpinningSpark 01:30, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
Multidimensional Filter Bank Design
Potentially a good addition to the article. But chock full of errors. Not up to Wikipedia standards. Here are some examples:
- It has a wide application prospect, researches in this area are very important when people try to get insight to the multidimensional signal. (punctuation)
- Also filters can be used both in one dimensional signal processing and multidimensional signal processing; and by processing the signal, we can get one or more certain kinds of signal that may be used under different kinds of conditions. (doesn't say anything useful)
- In recent decades, sub-band handing becomes more and more popular in some fields like image & video processing, communication and so on. (verb tense)
- However, many of signals mentioned before are hi-dimensional, which ask for the well design of hi-dimensional filter banks. (various problems)
And those are just the first paragraph, of many.
- Oversampled filter banks are multirate filter banks where the number of channels is larger than the sampling rate.
I assume this is trying to say that the more channels you have, the less bandwidth per channel, and the lower the Nyquist rate. So a fixed sample rate will exceed Nyquist above some minimum number of channels. But "number of channels" and "sampling rate" are quantities with different units.
And so on.