Talk:Flemish Government

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Belgium (Rated C-class, Mid-importance)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Belgium, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Belgium on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
C-Class article C  This article has been rated as C-Class on the quality scale.
 Mid  This article has been rated as Mid-importance on the importance scale.

Opposition to move[edit]

I oppose this move! It's ill informed as both the offiical translation of Vlaamse Regering en Vlaamse overheid is Flemish Government with the capital G and without. That's the official English spelling used on the official website of the Flemish Governement itself. I suggest they know better than the mover of this topic! --- fdewaele, 25 June 2010

The issue is that they are using the British version of the word "government" ("regering"), which is very confusing for the rest of the English-speaking world, where it means only "overheid". The word "cabinet" is always unambiguous as "regering", which is why I think it is the much better choice here. You are right that the official translation is important, so I have included it in the first line as well. Oreo Priest talk 20:50, 25 June 2010 (UTC)
Also, could you provide a link? It's not that I don't believe you, I'd just like to see it used in a context where it's clear what they're referring to. Oreo Priest talk 20:52, 25 June 2010 (UTC) Found one already: [1] Oreo Priest talk 20:55, 25 June 2010 (UTC)

See the following link from the English version of the official website of the Flemish government: -- fdewaele