|WikiProject Brands||(Rated Disambig-class)|
I'm looking for free pictures of Maverick for this page... already asked some sites authors, no answer yet. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Ukuk (talk • contribs) 13:52, 12 November 2003.
I am going to give the other, non-Ford cars with the Maverick name their own pages. Someone do a disambiguation, I dunno how. --DOHC Holiday 02:50, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
- The other models that were called Maverick were rebadged versions of other vehicles, keep that in mind. --Sable232 16:16, 6 March 2007 (UTC)
Built in Nicaragua? Don`t think so... and maybe neither in Mexico nor in Canada...
I disagree with the disambig page tag. The other mavericks were basically rebadges and don't warrant entire articles. I would move that information to the main articles of those cars which are rebadged, and make a brief reference to it here. I'm going to give a week for comments, and if nobody objects, make those changes. Cheers! - superβεεcat 22:57, 20 July 2007 (UTC)
- I agree. Besides, this was an improperly done disambig anyway, so it needs to be reverted. --Sable232 02:49, 27 September 2007 (UTC)
- How was it improper? You could move this disambig to Ford Maverick (disambig) and the car article here, but do note that to a large group of readers, the Maverick is one of the SUVs - I wasn't aware of the existence of the car Ford Maverick, as probably most of the non-North-American readers. I'd keep the disambig here. PrinceGloria 07:41, 27 September 2007 (UTC)
- PS. Actually the first comment is in agreement with what I've done, so I guess I am only talking to Sable :D —Preceding unsigned comment added by PrinceGloria (talk • contribs) 07:42, 27 September 2007 (UTC)
- No, it was improperly done because the actual Maverick page should have been moved, not copied and pasted, losing the page history. --Sable232 01:12, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, so you're talking about the move from Ford Maverick to Ford Maverick (car)... Wasn't me, I just came later to revamp the disambig and get rid of the redunant Ford Maverick (SUV) - I am hereby denying any responsibility for the incorrectly executed move :D PrinceGloria 05:08, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
There was a Ford Maverick sold in the UK in the 90's that was basically a rebadged Nissan Terrano - it filled a gap in Ford's UK line-up. Google for pics, and you will see what I mean.Mariya Oktyabrskaya 07:56, 27 September 2007 (UTC) Same Maverick? or another one?
The word Maverick has a disambiguation page. Would it be proper to move the contents of this disambig to that page? I added a link to this page from that one, but I think it would be cleaner if all of these items were listed in that page in a section, "Maverick, Vehicle" and it should contain the references to other vehicles called "Mavericks." Mac DeBusk 20:38 EDT, 19 October 2008 —Preceding undated comment was added at 00:39, 20 October 2008 (UTC).