Talk:Frederick Henry Ambrose Scrivener
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Grammar and NPOV
The language in paragraph 3 doesn't always make sense but I don't know enough about the subject to change some things. Can someone help with the following before I edit it:
- 1. Can Scrivenener be referred to as Ambrose?
- 2. "he was voted a Civil list pension in 1872" doesn't sound right to me (is that the correct verb?) but don't know enough about the Civil list system to change it
- 3. "He distinguished, as the first" = "He was the first to distinguish"?
- 4. "Scrivener compared TR in editions of..." = "Scrivener compared the TR with the editions of" or did he do it "in the editions of"?
- 5. "Scrivener doubted in the authenticity of spurious texts...", obviously there's no "in" but surely using "spurious" isn't NPOV, so "Scrivener doubted the authenticity of texts..."