|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Hi, Youri
- 2 ZONE's fan art flash games
- 3 esurance.com
- 4 POV
- 5 Adult Swim show
- 6 The missing "a"
- 7 Moscow, Germany?
- 8 meiw
- 9 Gennady lived in Wheeling, IL???
- 10 Power Of The Dark Crystal status
- 11 Gennadiy
- 12 NOT Pitching Dark Tower to HBO/Cancelled Luke Cage Comic
- 13 Symbionic Titan (Not Cancelled?)
- 14 Style
- 15 Is he gay?
- eyetwitch* I'm gonna kill you.
As soon as you sign up for World of Warcraft.
ZONE's fan art flash games
I'll keep this as discrete as possible. They're, um... suspiciously similar. Fan animator or not? I can't tell anymore.188.8.131.52 (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 09:39, 17 January 2010 (UTC).
- [ Response from TEG: Look up "Frank Espinosa". He is an animator that worked on Samurai Jack, and then later helped with some of the Esurance commercials. Reference here: http://ghostbot.blogspot.com/ ] —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 08:47, 5 February 2006
Article's obviously written by an admirer and needs npoving. Lee M 01:18, 19 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- I tried to edit out most of the POV. I guess you'll just have to see for yourself if I did well or not. Frankly, I don't know why the writer would be so highly praising of Tartakovsky. I'll admit that he's a good animator, but I'd hardly say that he has "mastered the art of timing." To each his own, I guess. Kakashi-sensei 01:12, 9 May 2005 (UTC)
Adult Swim show
From what I understand, Tartakovsky is working on a new show for Cartoon Network's adult swim block set to debut sometime in 2006... any information on this? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 06:59, 11 May 2005
- That show would be Kolgoth the Barbarian, which he's creating in collaboration with an artist from Spongebob (whose name escapes me...) It's set to debut in Spring 2006, though I'm not exactly clear on what role Genndy plays in its development. I heard he did the storyboarding, but he might also be involved in other facets. If someone could research this it would be appreciated. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 06:18, 29 November 2005
The missing "a"
Does anyone know why his name is missing an "a"? The original Russian name clearly translates to "Gennady" or something similar. Was it just a spelling mistake that stuck throughout his career? Esn 22:54, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- He wanted it to be Genndy. He lists himself as Genndy in credits, anyway.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 01:25, 21 June 2006
- Interesting. This is a most unusual pronunciation - and spelling - of "Gennady", but if that's his thing, he's entitled I guess. The trouble is, we give the Russian spelling Геннадий, which any Russian would pronounce "Gennady". Non-Russians might interpret "Genndy" to be a legitimate way of pronouncing it, which is not the case. "Genndy" is a name he's adopted for whatever reason, and it would be back-transliterated as "Генндий". I think we have to treat this the same as if he had adopted the name "Frank", for example. Just as we wouldn't connect Frank with Геннадий, we shouldn't connect Genndy with Геннадий. I'll have a think about a suitable solution. -- JackofOz (talk) 07:23, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
- In the opening credits of Dexter's Laboratory, it is spelled Gennedy --Jordan042 (talk) 18:03, 15 May 2008 (UTC)
His Russian name is, indeed, Gennady, the diminutive form of that name is Gena, which is what the Russian community calls him. He chose to have his English name be Genndy, however. This was totally his choice, so having his Russian name not match his English name should not be confusing. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:23, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
Who wrote this thing? --Lyght 06:40, 27 May 2006 (UTC)
- This guy: . I've reworded that part, although I have no idea if it's accurate in the first place... Esn 08:36, 27 May 2006 (UTC)
Hy wasnt it gwnndy that said: A bird in a hand is worthth two in a biush
Gennady lived in Wheeling, IL???
There is a Eugene Field Elementary School in the Chicagoland area i.e. Wheeling, IL. What I want to know is is there any proof if he did? Field's webpage doesn't have an alumni section (considering it's only an Elementary School). I find it very fascinating and I hope it's true, but I would like to see Source's if you can obtain them. Neo Samus 16:24, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
Never mind, There are about 5 different Eugene Field Elementary School's in the Chicagoland area. Neo Samus 17:57, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
Power Of The Dark Crystal status
Someone has been repeatedly adding stuff to the Dark Crystal section regarding the production status of the film, even speculating cancellation of the entire project. To me this seems to be a personal assumption as the user has failed to provide any sources to back it up. Besides, a statement made by the vice president of marketing and publicity for The Jim Henson Company in January of this year states that the movie is still in production. (http://www.henson.com/podcast.php, Episode 21: The 2007 Jim Henson Honors, January 14, 2008) Jan Panda (talk) 13:37, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
NOT Pitching Dark Tower to HBO/Cancelled Luke Cage Comic
This rumor was dispelled long ago. Check out the end of this interview: http://comics.ign.com/articles/812/812024p1.html, also it contains info on his canceled Luke Cage mini-series CAGE!, which is never mentioned in the article. I'm removing the Dark Tower content.--Razdower (talk) 03:56, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
UPDATE: According to Joe Quesada, CAGE! is still happening, he's just been busy with Iron Man 2 & Sym-Bionic Titan. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21679 --Razdower (talk) 04:56, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
Symbionic Titan (Not Cancelled?)
I am not sure if Genndy is still part of the show, but there are definitely more than 20 episodes of symbionic titan on cartoonnetwork.com, and I've seen advertisements for the new season of the show on cartoon network and boomerang. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Teeburrown (talk • contribs) 21:05, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
Shouldn't there be a section in this article describing Genndy Tartakovsky's animation style? There seems to be a set style that he follows when animating characters. Just look at these five cartoons, and you'll know what I'm talking about. PRProgRock (talk) 01:49, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
Is he gay?
Is his spouse Dawn David a woman or a man?