Talk:Grand Theft Auto (series)
|↓||Skip to table of contents||↓|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Grand Theft Auto (series) article.|
|Archives: 1, 2|
|Grand Theft Auto (series) was one of the Video games good articles, but it has been removed from the list. There are suggestions below for improving the article to meet the good article criteria. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated B-class, High-importance)|
Grand Theft Auto V figures in the sales section
I see recently that figures for the sales for Grand Theft Auto V once again, have been changed and reverted over, over again. Manly due because a VGChartz not being a reliable source although the figure by vg24 is speculation, meaning that the figure is also not really reliable as well. As I understand there's no source that tells us what are the actual figures of the sales are, I reckon we should leave the sales box for the Grand Theft Auto V blank for now. TheDeviantPro (talk) 04:11, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
- http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/05/grand-theft-auto-5-sells-over-34-million-copies Aqlpswkodejifrhugty (talk) 13:38, 25 October 2014 (UTC)
- That is a shipped figure, not a sold figure, IGN reported it incorrectly, I tweeted the author about it, he said he would get it fixed but never did. Google search shows that the other sources repoerted it as a shipped figure. - X201 (talk) 16:12, 25 October 2014 (UTC)
Updated status about the Soundtracks in GTA 2 / GTA II
I am kinda new to this and my English knowledge is limited so I guess I can find someone who can help me out via E-mail:
I analysed the GTA 2 / GTA II movie and it's 1:50 minutes long cut intro: Search for the "Grand Theft Auto Movie" & Search for the "Grand Theft Auto Intro"
That's the order of the movie soundtracks 0:19 - 0:54 = 1. Successful Criminals - Music Madness
0:54 - 1:40 = 2. Inter Orbit Communication - Short Wave Café
1:40 - 3:00 = 3. Dom + Roland - Thunder
3:00 - 4:23 = 4. JMJ & Richie - The Score
4:26 - 5:14 = 5. PFM - Cruising Detroid `98
5:14 - 5:52 = 6. Flytronix - Past Archives
5:52 - 6:06 = 7. PFM - Cruising Detroid `98
6:06 - 7:19 = 8. E-Z Rollers - Short Change
7:20 - 8:15 = 9. PFM - Cruising Detroid `98
So there are a lot of missing tracknames in the soundtrack and normal article. That's more accurate: "Successful Criminals - Music Madness" & "Inter Orbit Communication - Short Wave Café" & "JMJ & Richie - The Score" & "PFM - Cruising Detroid `98" Are from the "Drumfunk Hooliganz" compilation of E-Z Rollers.
"Thunder" by "Dom + Roland" / "Dom & Roland" isn't mentioned.
The track "Short Change" from "E-Z Rollers" is cut for GTA II / GTA 2. There is a longer version on their album "Weekend World".
In the game self the movie is cut down to 1:50 and it contains a completly different track called "Rhythm" by "Engineers Without Fears". It's some kind of special GTA II / GTA 2 promo version mix.
Please contact me if you can help me in anyway. I also want to add this certain information to the German article. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Sylversecond (talk • contribs) 01:29, 9 June 2014 (UTC)
I was very surprised to get a dab page at Grand Theft Auto. I'd think that the series would far and away be the primary topic for the capitalized title. (And that Grand theft auto, not the proper noun, should redirect to the crime.) Just passing through and not starting a move request, but wanted to put that out there for anyone else looking. 13:40, 19 October 2014 (UTC)
Proposed merge with Los Santos (Grand Theft Auto)
I propose that Los Santos (Grand Theft Auto) be merged into Grand Theft Auto (series). It has been through AfD twice; in December 2007 (the result of which was to redirect), and in September 2013 (the result of which was to keep) after being created again in that month. A merge proposal in January 2014 was closed as no consensus. The article has remained largely the same for over a year: there's almost no content unique from Grand Theft Auto (series)#Setting and Development of Grand Theft Auto V#Research and open world design. Doesn't make sense to me that Los Santos needs its own article. I consider that the topic does not meet the WP:GNG, because the city has not been widely discussed outside of its role in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto V. Sure, we could evaluate the city's legacy in a few years, but until then, given the lack of content, this article should be merged and redirected. CR4ZE (t • c) 07:43, 12 November 2014 (UTC)
- Merge. All dedicated discussion of the location is still more about GTA V than the place's own merits. This is to say that it doesn't have enough dedicated coverage for the GNG on its own and that it isn't a large enough section within either V or San Andreas to spin out summary style. Would also add that despite the continuity between the two games, the locations have almost no commentary in common. 19:48, 12 November 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, this Edge article is pretty good. I could be swayed if there was more stuff like this 20:03, 12 November 2014 (UTC)
- Merge. individual games and side games get their own articles not small things like cities or Niko, until Grand Theft Auto: Los Santos gets made this remains merged.--Lerdthenerd wiki defender 11:30, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
- Not to discredit your vote or opinion, but Niko Bellic is not a "small thing"; he is the highly regarded main protagonist of one of the most successful video games of all time. In addition, cities in video games can have their own articles if they're notable enough (for example, Rapture). Los Santos seems to be on the tipping point on notability, hence this discussion. -- Rhain1999 (talk to me) 11:40, 15 December 2014 (UTC)