|↓||Skip to table of contents||↓|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Grape article.|
|Grape has been listed as a level-4 vital article in Science. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as C-Class.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|To-do list for Grape:|
Nutritional Qualities: Grapes are actually vegetables, many people don't know this. Much like tomatoes being known as fruit, grapes are known as vegetables. Grapes are good for your ears. Yup, your ears, it helps clean the ear wax right out of them. No don't go putting grapes in your ears, but eat grapes regularly and it will reduce ear wax.
The pictures overlap the list of grape species in my browser (Mozilla 1.3B for Mac OS 10.2) Tuf-Kat
- Mine, too, in IE 6.0 for Windows. -- [[User:Zoe|
- Changed it so the table is only two pictures wide instead of three. Does that work for you? Thanks. Wnissen 23:26 May 9, 2003 (UTC)
hi people im doin a project on grapes can u help me??????
what is "grape must"?
Semi-protect this page
I realize that this page isn't controversial, but it isn't often improved either. Given the persistent vandalism by the children of Thames Valley District Schools (to whom it's become a running joke), and the fact that these IP users cannot be blocked because it would affect innocent parties, might I suggest that we semi-protect this page so that only registered users can edit it.
I see Georgian Propaganda Morons made it here too
"Georgia is the birthplace of wine" - Bulls**t. Besides that 'Georgia' is undefined in ancient history, there are sources that indicate grape cultivation, raisins and also wine are indigenous to the Armenian Highland, of which southern MODERN DAY Georgia has been a part of in the Armenian kingdom of Urartu. I don't have the time to find all sources, but I know they exist. And if you read that cited source, that writer, probably hired by a Georgian institution claims wine being "born in Georgia" while also including a minuscule reference to 'Armenia' - and for obvious reasons - to make the propaganda "technically" correct. Turks, Azeris, and Georgians - all surrounding Armenia, and claiming every aspect of her culture using (ABUSING) wikipedia. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:56, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
Grapes in Muslim Holy Quraan
The word(s) "grapes" appears 8 time(s) in 8 verse(s) in Quraan
(1) And He it is Who sends down water from the cloud, then We bring forth with it buds of all (plants), then We bring forth from it green (foliage) from which We produce grain piled up (in the ear); and of the palm-tree, of the sheaths of it, come forth clusters (of dates) within reach, and gardens of grapes and olives and pomegranates, alike and unlike; behold the fruit of it when it yields the fruit and the ripening of it; most surely there are signs in this for a people who believe.
( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #99)
(2) Then there will come after that a year in which people shall have rain and in which they shall press (grapes).
( سورة يوسف , Yusuf, Chapter #12, Verse #49)
(3) And in the earth there are tracts side by side and gardens of grapes and corn and palm trees having one root and (others) having distinct roots-- they are watered with one water, and We make some of them excel others in fruit; most surely there are signs in this for a people who understand.
( سورة الرعد , Ar-Rad, Chapter #13, Verse #4)
(4) He causes to grow for you thereby herbage, and the olives, and the palm trees, and the grapes, and of all the fruits; most surely there is a sign in this for a people who reflect.
( سورة النحل , An-Nahl, Chapter #16, Verse #11)
(5) And of the fruits of the palms and the grapes-- you obtain from them intoxication and goodly provision; most surely there is a sign in this for a people who ponder.
( سورة النحل , An-Nahl, Chapter #16, Verse #67)
(6) Or you should have a garden of palms and grapes in the midst of which you should cause rivers to flow forth, gushing out.
( سورة الإسراء , Al-Isra, Chapter #17, Verse #91)
(7) Then We cause to grow thereby gardens of palm trees and grapes for you; you have in them many fruits and from them do you eat;
( سورة المؤمنون , Al-Mumenoon, Chapter #23, Verse #19)
(8) And grapes and clover,
( سورة عبس , Abasa, Chapter #80, Verse #28)