Talk:HIV/AIDS in Australia
|WikiProject Australia||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
- Have a graph to show numbers of cases of detected HIV, and one to show deaths, with an axis of years. A timeline is another possibility.
- Also a fair use image extracted from the grimreaper with the bowling ball ad would be a good addition.
- Is there any international assistance provided by AU to other countries for this disease?
- Are other charities involved?
- How much money is the government speding (over the years)?
- What are the AIDS coucils called?
- What research is being conduted in Australia?
This should help to approach a B rating. Graeme Bartlett 03:24, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you once again Graeme. I have written to Dept Health seeking copyright permission and an image - I understand there are fair use options, but have had trouble understanding the rules in this area, so will only pursue this if Dept Health assistance is not forthcoming. Have made a note in text to indicate the full list of AIDS Councils is at bottom of article. Have found some info on AIDS research in Aust, and have started to get more info on other NGOs. I will find info on international assistance (in a Lowy Institute paper). Graphs of cases - we'll see what i can manage! Not sure whether full govt expend figs avail, but will hunt. Cheers hamiltonstone 02:04, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
Just curious about the choice of criminal cases quoted. Why was the surname for the Hector case changed? And also, why only those two cases as examples of criminal prosecutions. I beleive there have been many more in recent years. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Pup2006 (talk • contribs) 07:57, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
- I don't know anything about the Hector case. The cases cited I think have just been those raised in references that I and other contributors happen to have read, have been significant in terms of public debate, or in terms of legal precedents. If you know of significant others, feel free to add in! hamiltonstone (talk) 01:14, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
Staying focussed on relevant content
I'd like to suggest that not all recent additions to the article stay focussed on HIV/AIDS in Australia. There was a useful addition of numbers living with AIDS. But also added was this: "Research has identified anal mucus as a significant carrier of the HIV virus. Anal sex, risk-reduction strategies have been identified and promoted to reduce the likelihood of transmission of HIV/AIDS." I'm not sure why this has been added to the article as it is medical information that should probably be discussed at HIV/AIDS rather than here. I propose it be removed and be taken to the talk page for the latter article for proposed addition (if that article does not already cover this). hamiltonstone (talk) 01:09, 13 June 2014 (UTC)