Talk:STDs in the porn industry
|WikiProject Pornography||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
|Material from the associated project or article page was split to Pornographic film on December 17 2009. The page history of the associated project or article page now serves as the attribution history for part of the contents of that page.|
Propose broaden scope and rename
I propose that the scope of this article be broadened and that it be ranamed STDs in the porn industry. There isn't only a problem with HIV/AIDS, and it isn't only among those in the porn FILM industry. Lightbreather (talk) 19:56, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
- Jennings, David (2000). "Chapter 20: AIDS and Other Four-Letter Words". Skinflicks: The Inside Story of the X-Rated Video Industry. David Jennings. ISBN 1-58721-184-X.
- Anthony, Andrew (July 31, 2004). "Risky Business (part 1)". The Observer (Guardian News and Media).
- Anthony, Andrew (July 31, 2004). "Risky Business (part 2)". The Observer (Guardian News and Media).
- Grudzen, Corita R.; Kerndt, Peter R. (June 19, 2007). "The Adult Film Industry: Time to Regulate?". PLoS Medicine (National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine) 4 (6). doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.0040126.
- Taormino, Tristan (September 4, 2007). "Danger on the Set: A porn star's early retirement has industry insiders talking STDs". Village Voice.
- Morris, Chris (August 20, 2012). "Syphilis Outbreak Prompts Porn Shutdown". CNBC.
- "Los Angeles porn film stars have more sexually transmitted diseases than Nevada prostitutes, study says". Daily Mail (Associated Newspapers). November 2, 2012.
- Lupkin, Sydney (August 23, 2013). "Porn Star Cameron Bay Opens Up About HIV Scare". ABC News Internet Ventures.
- Lubben, Shelley (September 3, 2013). "STD and HIV Outbreaks in the Porn Industry Since the 1980's". http://pornharmsresearch.com/ (compilation). Morality in Media.
- Lupkin, Sydney (September 4, 2013). "Second Porn Star Tests Positive for HIV". ABC News Internet Ventures.
- Castillo, Michelle (September 10, 2013). "Fourth porn actor reportedly latest to contract HIV". CBS Interactive.
- Romero, Dennis (June 10, 2014). "1 in 4 Porn Stars Has Had Gonorrhea or Chlamydia, UCLA Study Says". LA Weekly.
- Conger, Kate (August 28, 2014). "Porn film production 'must stop in Los Angeles' after actor tests positive for HIV". SF Weekly.
- Michaelson, Elex (August 28, 2014). "HIV Case Spurs Call For Porn Production Moratorium". ABC Inc.
- Romero, Dennis (August 28, 2014). "L.A. Porn Production Shuts Down Over HIV Report". LA Weekly.
- Izadi, Elahe (August 29, 2014). "HIV case prompts industry-wide moratorium on porn filming". Washington Post.
- Izadi, Elahe (September 2, 2014). "Porn filming moratorium lifted after HIV case turned out to be a false positive". Washington Post.
Notice of standardizing citation formatting, dates, etc.
I'm going to spend a day or two standardizing the article's citation formatting, including dates. The dates are a hodge-podge, but the first and last are in "dd Month yyyy" format, so that's what I'm going to use. Lightbreather (talk) 21:07, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
The Wallice paragraph in the 1980s and 1990s section is not well sourced. I am preserving these here for discussion.
- "Marc Wallice Porn Star". excaliburfilms.com. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- Harvey, Dennis (3 October 2005). "3 Needles". Variety (review) (Los Angeles, California: Variety Media). Retrieved 10 September 2014.