|WikiProject Magazines||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Fashion||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Who is the REAL target audience for Harper's Bazaar?
I mean according to the article the magazine is targeted towards women and women's fashion yet they very frequently have nude photographs of celebrity women on the cover such as a six month pregnant Britney Spears in the upcoming August 2006 issue, Now I have to tell you if I were a woman I don't think I'd be comfortable buying a magazine that featured a nude woman on the cover unless of course I was a lesbian. Now why doesn't the magazine admit yes it is targeting women but it is also targeting men by putting very young and hot celebrities in the nude, To call Harper's Bazaar only a woman's magazine is an outright lie. 22.214.171.124 05:34, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
- Rrrright...show me a women's magazine that doesn't have a woman on the cover. Vast conspiracy? Our maybe you're wrong. Silarius 17:32, 24 August 2006 (UTC)
I have one question: is there any historical relationship between the fashion magazine Harper's Bazaar and literary/social magazine Harper's Monthly? Sewing 18:22, 26 Sep 2003 (UTC)
Technological singularity says: "In a Harper's Bazaar article from 1854, the world of tomorrow saw people being shot short distances in oversized cannonballs (pre-plane) while traversing the country in underground trains (pre-car). Today is a singularlity to anyone living in 1854."
Yet this article claims the magazine started in 1867, which is correct? Edward 18:39, 2005 May 24 (UTC)
- Harper's New Monthly Magazine (1850-1899)
Håbet 14:24, 16 May 2006 (UTC)
- Yes, obvious, but do they have a connectio? Is Harper and Harper the same person? If yes, Have he a biography on wikipedia? Håbet 11:57, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
- I had a spare few minutes so I threw together a merged article in case the consensus is to go ahead:
- Yes to the merge Myrockstar 10:17, 10 July 2006 (UTC)
- I dissagree with the potential change. Two Magazines, two names, two pages... --Johnny-Who?--
- The point is there aren't two magazines... Driller thriller 15:18, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
- ohh understood now, vote swiched for the merger. I think it should be moved to the Bazzar page with a redirect on the older Harpers & Queen page. --Johnny-Who? 21:04, 3 August 2006 (UTC)--
- Cool, well I went ahead with the merge. Hope no-one objects... Driller thriller 10:40, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- These copyright violations and violations of WP:IUP have been removed. --Yamla (talk) 21:05, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
Why Don't You.....?
Why don't you (or anybody) add "The Liz Tilberis Years"? I wish I could get ahold of it, but Vince Aletti did a really good article for the Village Voice when Liz Tilberis remodelled Harpers Bazaar in the early 90s. I prefer her minimalist approach to the current style that Harpers Bazaar is using. I think it hurt HB when Liz Tilberis died.126.96.36.199 (talk) 02:43, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
Possible copyright problem
This article has been revised as part of a large-scale clean-up project of multiple article copyright infringement. (See the investigation subpage) Earlier text must not be restored, unless it can be verified to be free of infringement. For legal reasons, Wikipedia cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material; such additions must be deleted. Contributors may use sources as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences or phrases. Accordingly, the material may be rewritten, but only if it does not infringe on the copyright of the original or plagiarize from that source. Please see our guideline on non-free text for how to properly implement limited quotations of copyrighted text. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously. Diannaa (talk) 03:02, 25 September 2014 (UTC)